Cheap scope for spare 300blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cheap scope for spare 300blk

Post by TMD »

excess650 wrote:My cheap scope is a Weaver Kaspa Zombie 1.5-6x. It has target turrets and illuminated reticle. The turrets DO repeat! The Zombie version may now be discontinued, but the other version has red illumination vs green, and a slightly different reticle. I paid $130 for the Zombie delivered, but you may be looking at $170 for the other version (ebay).
^^^THIS^^^

I picked up the Zombie version from Natchez a while back for $129 and free shipping. I bought it as a cheap kick around scope but like it so much I put it on my .300bo SBR and have had nu desire to change it out. Believe it or not the glass is clearer than some scopes that cost 3x as much. My only grips is the eye relief is a bit short but other than that its an amazing scope.
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

I will agree that the "eyebox" isn't as good as it could be, but it wasn't $600+ either. I've run mine from 50 yard zero to 200, 300, 385, and 500m and back to 50 yards numerous times, and it repeats. The glass is much better than expected. I really didn't expect this level of quality from a Chicom scope. Its definitely worthwhile.
Black Rifles Matter
SuedePflow
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SuedePflow »

zjolsen wrote:Also, I haven't picked the scope for my primary 300 yet, but was going to run the Nikon P-300. I would like to say in that price point for mine, but any better options? Same situation of just shooting and deer hunting.
For your rifle, I'd recommend the Primary Arms ACSS over the Nikon P-300 all day.

https://www.amazon.com/Primary-Arms-1-6 ... acss+scope