Raccoon

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

70worm

Raccoon

Post by 70worm »

Anybody out there using subsonic 300 Blackout to kill raccoons? Or is it over kill?
Necrius

Re: Raccoon

Post by Necrius »

Hey, to me, if it is what you have and you are not putting neighbors at risk then use what you are good with. I just took care of a raccoon family problem at my house but I live in an urban environment so I chose to pick up a Umarex Octane .22 cal. pellet rifle. One shot kills ranging from thirty to forty feet quietly on four raccoons and an opossum :)

Peace
Mark
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

70worm wrote:Anybody out there using subsonic 300 Blackout to kill raccoons? Or is it over kill?
There is no degree of dead.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
pd_3307
Senior Silent Operator

Post by pd_3307 »

rebel wrote:
70worm wrote:Anybody out there using subsonic 300 Blackout to kill raccoons? Or is it over kill?
This guy knows what hes talking about. :P
Although down here in south texas theres dead, perty dead, and more deader than the last coon i shot. Lol
Seriously though, it just depends on how angry the raccoon has made you and how quickly you want him to die. Ive been waitn to catch 3 that have been robbing my feeder at night spinning the broadcaster. So i will let you know how it goes if i shoot them first. (Sub 300 black on them of course)
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Theirs dead and theirs turn them inside out dead.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

haven't shot any coons with subs but 125 gr. SST supers make a mess of them! :lol: squirrels too. once shot a squirrel that was hanging & chewing on my feeder drum. he exploded and blew squirrel parts all over that 55 gal drum. made a hell of a mess. won't do that again. :lol:
peace through superior firepower
rangertrace

Post by rangertrace »

Yeah, around here, most of those kills are in the trees, so Subs would do quite well.......
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

What is this "overkill" you speak of?

90 gr XTPs at 1050fps kill most varmint class animals pretty well.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

I shot a coon last year during deer season that was robbing corn with a 208 grain A-Max. He just stood up on his hind legs and walked about 15 feet and died. couldn't even see the holes without moving his fur around and looking for them.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

pd_3307 wrote:
rebel wrote:
This guy knows what hes talking about. :P
Although down here in south texas theres dead, perty dead, and more deader than the last coon i shot. Lol
Seriously though, it just depends on how angry the raccoon has made you and how quickly you want him to die. Ive been waitn to catch 3 that have been robbing my feeder at night spinning the broadcaster. So i will let you know how it goes if i shoot them first. (Sub 300 black on them of course)
Hell yes I know what I'm talking about, been making stuff dead for half a century. Pop said I disappeared at my Uncles farm as a toddler and they found me down at the barn with a bunch of dead peep's around me getting ready to try one raw. I loved them, and squeezed them and named them George :lol:
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.