Stolen NFA items

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

blaster
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stolen NFA items

Post by blaster »

judging by what I am reading about BATF's responses to stolen suppressors, seems like its no big deal to them. why then is it such a big deal for us to have to jump thru all the B.S. hoops to buy one? :evil: :?: :evil:
peace through superior firepower
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Post by trabikoenig »

Seems to me that if there ever was a "government buy back" or something of the likes I just need to say my stuff was all stolen. Or maybe even report it stolen shortly after I get it....
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
InMyHumbleOpinion
Silent But Deadly

Post by InMyHumbleOpinion »

trabikoenig wrote:Seems to me that if there ever was a "government buy back" or something of the likes I just need to say my stuff was all stolen. Or maybe even report it stolen shortly after I get it....
I wouldn't file a false police report it as it being stolen, :shock: if you are found with it at a later date and you were found with stolen items in your possession it could get messy. Better to have your boat capsize and they fall into the lake after all you could find them in the lake and forget to report them as found. :lol:
trabikoenig
Silent Operator

Post by trabikoenig »

InMyHumbleOpinion wrote:
trabikoenig wrote:Seems to me that if there ever was a "government buy back" or something of the likes I just need to say my stuff was all stolen. Or maybe even report it stolen shortly after I get it....
I wouldn't file a false police report it as it being stolen, :shock: if you are found with it at a later date and you were found with stolen items in your possession it could get messy. Better to have your boat capsize and they fall into the lake after all you could find them in the lake and forget to report them as found. :lol:
I was thinking more like a hole in the backyard.
We believe that all men are justified in defending themselves ... from the unlawful assaults and encroachments of all persons in times of exigency - D&C 134:11
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

if its time to bury them, its time to use them! :twisted: Molan Labe!
peace through superior firepower
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

OP updated
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Your wife listed on the trust?
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

John A. wrote:Your wife listed on the trust?
Yes, as Co-Settler so she was legal to be in possession of the can if that's why you ask
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

if the boston PD is anything like the Detroit PD... well ya.. i'm not holding my breath on getting my 870 back.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

certifiable wrote:
John A. wrote:Your wife listed on the trust?
Yes, as Co-Settler so she was legal to be in possession of the can if that's why you ask
Yes, that was the reason.

I dont' know why you think she could get "prison time" or however you phrased it by reporting it stolen.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.