A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rb288
Senior Silent Operator

A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by rb288 »

So I have purchased 4 suppressors from a local gun store, a hybrid (form 4 filed in March), a 9k (form 4 filed in May), and 2 omegas (form 4s not yet filed).
The problem is this, one of the owners of the store has terminal cancer and they have closed the store.
They say that they will still have an "on line" presence and that all outstanding NFA items will be honored and delivered.
They are holding filing the form 4s for the omegas because they may be selling the store and inventory.

They are holding off filing anymore form 4s until they know the sale status.

My concern, which was relayed to them, was I wanted this done before July 13th but don''t know if it will be done.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid it may be getting to late to demand a refund and find 2 omegas somewhere else that can be processed prior to the deadline.

HELP!!!!!
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: A potential big problem ahead, advice needed.........

Post by John A. »

I hate the circumstances about the suppressors. Especially being terminally ill.

It sounds as if they are not expecting him to survive long enough to get your paperwork back to complete the other transfers.

Personally, I would request a refund and try to find the suppressors elsewhere. Too many loose ends with this one. I hate to sound cold hearted because I am not, but there are too many uncertainties to follow through with these at this point.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

^this
orbitup
Silent But Deadly

Post by orbitup »

X3
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Get your money back and find a new toy store to shop at.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

Yeah, if they sell the store and inventory, the suppressors will have to be transferred to the new store owner as well. I can see where this would be a hot mess
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

I had a potentially similar problem. The dealer was going out of business.

In my case the the item was already in the dealers possession and the form 4 was filed. I called ATF to ask what if anything I needed to be worried about. Basically if the form 4 is already filed, there is a process that might actually work out to your advantage for timing. In my case the store closed, but the owner retained his license until all transactions were complete.

If they are still on form 3 waiting to be transferred to your dealer, it will depend on the structure of the business. If it is a sole proprietor or corporation it might make a difference, but my guess is that unless there is already a sale in progress, it will not be complete in the next few weeks.

This is where a call to the friendly ATF office is worth it. Basically you are not the first one that this has happened to and they will help all they can.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.