flying suppressor!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: flying suppressor!

Post by dellet »

Good to hear that Blaster, you were pretty lucky on that one.

You should post a picture of your newly acquired junk collection, or did you throw it back in for the next guy to sort through :lol:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

man you better go play the lottery this weekend!

congratz!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

Glad you found it!
hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

Are you going to send it back to SilencerCO for evaluation of the mount?
392heminut
Silent But Deadly

Post by 392heminut »

Great finish to this story! Gotta love it!
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by blaster »

thanks Guys. I can't express the relief when i found it. after getting so many detector hits that I couldn't find anything, I was getting real disappointed. I can be pessimistic so I was fearing for the worse. (the current carried it far downstream or it was buried deep in the sand.)
I thought about sending the mount back to see if the mfg. could check it out. (and I still might) but it seems to be working properly. yesterday I put it on the pistol (the one it flew off of) and shot a couple hundred rounds thru it with no problems. if I ever take it on the boat or shoot it over water it will only be after I have figured out a safety tether or something.
peace through superior firepower
svh
Silent But Deadly

Post by svh »

My Omega was relieved to hear that her kin was found relatively unharmed. 8)
Cheech, my best friend of 16 years, RIP.
Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

Wow, good for you and great story! Thanks for sharing it.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
ProdigalSun
Silent But Deadly

Post by ProdigalSun »

Sithlord wrote:That sucks the big one. Almost sounds like you had a baffle strike; I've heard that can cause a can to go flying downrange...

However, as you do not have control over the NFA item, you might want to / need to report it to the ATF.

Never EVER call the cops on yourself. Don't call them on a criminal either, too many accounts of good people being charged. Cops are for finding criminals, let's leave it that way.
NFA Not F**king American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

ProdigalSun wrote:
Sithlord wrote:That sucks the big one. Almost sounds like you had a baffle strike; I've heard that can cause a can to go flying downrange...

However, as you do not have control over the NFA item, you might want to / need to report it to the ATF.

Never EVER call the cops on yourself. Don't call them on a criminal either, too many accounts of good people being charged. Cops are for finding criminals, let's leave it that way.
I appreciate the sentiment. This is not about 'turning yourself in'. This is about filing a police report such that in the event of:
a) Insurance Claim
b) Some Criminal Act is performed with an item registered to you

This is a CYA move, NOT a turn yourself in move. The OP did nothing 'wrong' or 'illegal'. While it is good advice to never 'admit' any wrong doing to the ATF or police, in this case, there was no wrong doing.

Also, I speak from experience. About a year ago, a suppressor that I sent out for repair was 'delivered' by UPS, but not to a location that I was aware of. I contacted my FFL, and their suggestion was
a) Contact the shipper to determine the shipping address, and obtain delivery/signature confirmation
b) File a police report of a missing item
c) Continue to look for it for 24-48 hours, and THEN contact the ATF with the police report number

Bottom line: whether you would have filed a police report or not is besides the point; I *suggested* that they *MAY* want to contact ATF, not that they were obliged. You have your opinion on whether that is a good idea, I have mine.