Daytona Tactical?????

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Daytona Tactical?????

Post by plant.one »

KenH wrote:Are you saying that the only parts I will need are

1. Complete upper assembly with BCG & charging handle
2. lower receiver - stripped, either completely machine (FFL) or 80% (no FFL)
3. Lower receiver parts kit (I see Anderson has a kit, but no fire control group (that is trigger assembly?)
4. Stock.

Does those 4 groups contain everything required?
pretty much. make sure that yoiur stock assembly comes with the buffer tube, spring and standard carbine buffer.

Does the upper receiver have the rail to mount scope rings built into receiver?
most of them do yes. it'll either be that or a carry handle. i'd say 95% of receivers these days are the railed type. many of the ones that come with a carry handle are carry handles that attach to standard receiver rail.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
teegee52
Silent Operator

Post by teegee52 »

Just received 2 of Datona Tactical's anodized non blemished 80% lower receivers. Took about 10 days to receive. They are beautiful. Now I hope I don't turn them into paper weights.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Ken,

PM'd you on the parts.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

KenH

Post by KenH »

Got the PM and THANK YOU!!!! PayPal is on the way.

TeeGee, thank you for the comment on DaytonaTactical - you're the 2nd person who has commented on recent experience with company in a positive manner. I just wish they'd respond to my email sent yesterday. With ya'll's recent experience and a responsive email, I'd place the order today.

Thanks again to all for input - this is going to be FUN!!!

Ken H>
KenH

Post by KenH »

An update - I got an 80% receiver on order from https://blitzkriegtactical.com/ and hopefully will ship next week. I may wind up ordering a 5.56 rifle kit because it's hard to find a cheap 300BO kit. After getting the 5.56 working, later I can order a 300BO upper barreled receiver and swap between 5.56 and 300BO - I've read it only takes 10 minutes or so to make this change.

Comments 'n suggestions are more than welcome.

Ken H>
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

KenH wrote:An update - I got an 80% receiver on order from https://blitzkriegtactical.com/ and hopefully will ship next week. I may wind up ordering a 5.56 rifle kit because it's hard to find a cheap 300BO kit. After getting the 5.56 working, later I can order a 300BO upper barreled receiver and swap between 5.56 and 300BO - I've read it only takes 10 minutes or so to make this change.

Comments 'n suggestions are more than welcome.

Ken H>
if you have an entire separate upper.. its closer to 10 seconds than it is 10 minutes to change calibers 8) 8)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
KenH

Post by KenH »

10 seconds is a quick change - does that require Bolt Carrier Group And Charging Handle in the 300BO upper? OR - does 10 seconds mean using the 5.56 BCG 'n Charging handle?

As you can tell from my elementary questions, I'm new at this AR15 stuff.

Ken H>
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Bolt carrier and charging handle are the same....so literally, seconds. Your package is in the mail, enjoy the parts.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

ARHuman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ARHuman »

Did you buy polymer?
KenH

Post by KenH »

Nope, didn't buy polymer - metal just seems stronger to me.... old way of thinking, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to try polymer...... yet {g}