AAC/Remington Micro 7 stock

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lawboy
Silent Operator

AAC/Remington Micro 7 stock

Post by lawboy »

Has anyone had the rifle out of the stock and examined the bedding, etc.? What is the situation with this stock? Is it decent quality or just a cheap plastic handle?
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Re: AAC/Remington Micro 7 stock

Post by jwb47 »

dont know about the micro 7 but on the 700 aac blackout the houge stock is like a piece of tupper ware that got hot in a micro wave .
lawboy
Silent Operator

Post by lawboy »

jwb47 wrote:dont know about the micro 7 but on the 700 aac blackout the houge stock is like a piece of tupper ware that got hot in a micro wave .
Yeah the Hogue overmolded stocks are marginal. I am wondering about this stock on the Micro 7 I just got. The barrel is not floated, which I don't really care about. But I am wondering about the bedding and too lazy to take the gun apart right now. I guess I will shoot it first then disassemble it if it works properly.
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

I looked at a Micro 7 today at a local gun shop, man I really liked it but it was 849.00$? I was like what the heck, this tiny little bolt action is 849.00$ come on Remington....thats just way to expensive when I could pick up a Ruger american for 360.00.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
dinc

Post by dinc »

CDNN has the AAC Micro 7 300 Blackout for $600.

Yea, the stock sucks. It does have an adjustable cheek piece. But it's injection molded plastic, nice and springy. Not bedable.

But the gun is fun!
lawboy
Silent Operator

Post by lawboy »

Well, I took the gun apart. I like the size, weight and profile of the stock. It is not as flimsy as has been said. I am fillling the butt with foam and glassing just the front action bolt to try to float the barell. I will also camo painting it. We shall see how it turns out.