Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

LongTatLaw

Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Post by LongTatLaw »

Hello all,

Ive been looking and haven't seen this addressed as a main thread. if Im wrong delete.

I just picked up a Ruger American Ranch FDE. I haven't even been able to shoot it yet but I was wondering if anyone has seen a 10 round mag for these rifles? i know the design is Ruger proprietary. I certainly wish it would just use AR mags but it doesn't. Got it. That said, Ive been told by two different people that there is an after market 10 mag for the RAR. Both described it as a "drum". Id be happy with anything 10 or more.

Anyone have any knowledge of these?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
munchie3409
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Post by munchie3409 »

Go back to those two people who told you that there is a 10rd magazine for the RAR. I haven't seen much aftermarket support for the RAR.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Not saying there isn't aftermarket mags for it but I've not come across any yet.
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly

Post by pruhdlr »

Seriously doubt if the aftermarket mag would be a "drum" type. Especially if your talkin' rotery drum. Would have to be too big to fit internal. If it hung down below the gun and was as round as it needed to be to hold 10rds it would(IMO)look like crap and be totally in the way of your shooting or carring the weapon. For what I do with this weapon the 5 shot is all I need and it fits well,is easy to load(once you do it a few times),snaps in with authority,and stays in place.

My "vote" is ---> NO. --- pruhdlr
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2
TheSpaniard
Silent Operator

Post by TheSpaniard »

Someone has the RARR confused with the scout .308 rifle.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

I've looked and could not find any RARR aftermarket mags. I'd buy a RARR if I could get a couple 10r mags for it. Yeah yeah I know you don't really need a big mag for a bolt action. I used to shoot a lot of Enfields though. They spoiled me!

R
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

I like the factory mag, and was able to get a spare for $33 off ebay. Not bad in my book. I've got other rifles if this ain't the right choice for a particular day.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
hyrulejedi86
Silent Operator

Post by hyrulejedi86 »

I wish there was a 10 round mag also, mostly for range time. I haven't seen anything even close out there and I've been looking. I even started trying to design one on my 3D printer but I don't know how to translate it into a workable design.
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

MDT is planning on adding its LSS Stock offerings to include the RARR. If that happens, you will be able to run ten round ASI mags like all of their other stock/action options do.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

F224 wrote:MDT is planning on adding its LSS Stock offerings to include the RARR. If that happens, you will be able to run ten round ASI mags like all of their other stock/action options do.
And cost more than the rifle does.