300BLK factory SBR options???

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

300BLK factory SBR options???

Post by rjacobs »

Got a customer looking for a 300BLK SBR on a Form 4 aka a factory SBR. I have explained the Form 1 process to him and have said I would help him out with the build, but he wants to explore the Form 4 options first. Says he doesnt want a 5.56 gun and then buy a 300blk upper, but wants a Form 4 300blk SBR. Very particular customer.

So off the top of my head I have only come up with Daniel Defense, KAC, Noveske, and LMT. AAC isnt doing complete guns anymore from what I understand. Anybody got any others? Availability seems to be iffy on all of them. Price is not really a concern as you can tell what we are looking at.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300BLK factory SBR options???

Post by dellet »

These are very well built and accurate, they were also offering a package with with a Gemtech GMT 300.

https://nemoarms.com/files/spec_sheets/ ... cSheet.pdf
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

AAC MPW SBR's are what you want. Pretty much the gold standard for 300 BLK factory rifles.
The 9" MPW is nowhere to be found any longer unless you get super lucky in the Classified forums.
The 12.5" version is barely around. I actually found them in stock at the sites below:

http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/pr ... ts_id=3114

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =509032450

Best option is get the 12.5" version just to register an SBR. And then shop around for the 9" upper in the future.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

dellet wrote:These are very well built and accurate, they were also offering a package with with a Gemtech GMT 300.

https://nemoarms.com/files/spec_sheets/ ... cSheet.pdf
These are from the same guys that make the giant piece of shit 300 Win Mag AR? No thanks. Maybe THIS particular gun is ok, but after seeing the abortion of a 300win mag AR I cant in good conscience recommend this to my customer.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

rimshaker wrote:AAC MPW SBR's are what you want. Pretty much the gold standard for 300 BLK factory rifles.
The 9" MPW is nowhere to be found any longer
Well aware of this already, this is why I am asking the question. If AAC was still making the guns I wouldnt have even posted this thread.

The Form 1 option would include a 9" AAC upper unless the guy has me build him an upper instead. The uppers from what I understand are still available and should be into the future.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

First off AAC is flushing it's self down the drain. No sure I'd want to buy anything AAC for warranty/parts reasons. At this rate they won't be around in 5 years. (sig is the new AAC)
PWS makes a really nice piston 300blk sbr. Capital Armory has the PWS mk109 IN STOCK. If your customer is going to run a can all the time I don't think you can do better at this time than a mk107.
Oh and it's my 100th post!!!! Yippeeee!

http://primaryweapons.com/wp/shop/mk109-rifle/
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Is the Sig MCX gonna be offered in a SBR format? I thought it was, and if so, it might be worth waiting for...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

Wilson combat?
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Noveske?
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Is the Sig MCX gonna be offered in a SBR format? I thought it was, and if so, it might be worth waiting for...
supposedly yes, but right now its expensive. Buy a 16" gun, Form 1 it, send it back to Sig and they will install the pistol barrel for like $500.

I think this customer wants to stick with the regular AR platform.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com