9mm Sbr Build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Re: 9mm Sbr Build

Post by loranger »

Bought a Daniel Defense 4" rail off eBay (airsoft but the sucker was still $120). Seems pretty nice and lines up perfectly. Even used sae hardware which was surprising. I like it but will decide on the rail when my suppressor finally gets here.

Last edited by loranger on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loranger »

Well finally took it to the range today and everything went as I expected....... The bolt cycled fine and held open every time, but my CMC trigger would not reset. Been having a few issues with the holosun red dot, so I threw my EXPS 3 on there from my 5.56 sbr. Was surprised it was on the money at 15 yards! Had no issues feeding from cheap mags or mag adapter and was a blast to shoot.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

What issue did you have with the Holo-sun. Ive got one of their circle-dots on my 300blk SBR. About 300 rounds with it so far. No problems.
ig720
Silent Operator

Post by ig720 »

Don't have the balls too scar her, brace it will be...

loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loranger »

Sharkbite wrote:What issue did you have with the Holo-sun. Ive got one of their circle-dots on my 300blk SBR. About 300 rounds with it so far. No problems.
I found one of the mounting screws on my bench a few days ago. I tried to put it back in but the hole was stripped out. Also found another screw was missing and it was also stripped out. Not sure how Im going to fix it.....
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

loranger wrote:
Sharkbite wrote:What issue did you have with the Holo-sun. Ive got one of their circle-dots on my 300blk SBR. About 300 rounds with it so far. No problems.
I found one of the mounting screws on my bench a few days ago. I tried to put it back in but the hole was stripped out. Also found another screw was missing and it was also stripped out. Not sure how Im going to fix it.....

from a quick look at their website it appears the threaded side of the mounting screw is removeable so therefore replaceable. i would call them or email w/ pics to see if parts are available.

then i would recommend you get yourself a fat wrench and a list of torque spec's :shock: they're mounting screws in aluminum, you're not putting lugnuts on your tires. sometimes you have to know when to say when eh? :mrgreen:

http://amzn.com/B0012AXR4S

if you're feeling extra strong and want to put that energy to good use, you can come torque the barrel nut on my LR308 for me with the DMPS handguard. It takes about 73 ft/lbs to line the gas tube hole up to the barrel nut. just try not to pull the bench over :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loranger »

plant.one wrote:
loranger wrote:

from a quick look at their website it appears the threaded side of the mounting screw is removeable so therefore replaceable. i would call them or email w/ pics to see if parts are available.

then i would recommend you get yourself a fat wrench and a list of torque spec's :shock: they're mounting screws in aluminum, you're not putting lugnuts on your tires. sometimes you have to know when to say when eh? :mrgreen:

http://amzn.com/B0012AXR4S

if you're feeling extra strong and want to put that energy to good use, you can come torque the barrel nut on my LR308 for me with the DMPS handguard. It takes about 73 ft/lbs to line the gas tube hole up to the barrel nut. just try not to pull the bench over :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I meant the mounting screws on the bottom of the mount that bolt to the red dot housing itself. I never tightened those as it was already bolted together when I bought it. I emailed holosun but never got a response. Called a few days ago and they said to email again. Not sure why they couldn't just give me an answer over the phone but I emailed again and still have not heard back.
loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loranger »

Finally got to pick up my Griffin Revolution today! I will more than likely leave it in the "K" config. I watched the 9mm silencer test video from M.A.C. earlier and there didn't seem to be much difference between the configs. I also bought a QC10 Glock lower during their sale and it is supposed to be here Friday! Now to wait on another stamp!

loranger
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loranger »

Got my QC10 lower in and got it put together. Bought a Magpul Glock mag and it will not lock in but the factory Glock mag will. I guess Im going to have to use only factory mags. Just waiting to get my bolt back from getting narrowed and I will finally get to shoot it. If everything works out then I can e-file my form 1!

Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

The SBR paperwork finally came in....

Details:

Noveske Chainsaw lower
Aero Precision slick side upper
Slidefire Stock
ACT ALG FCG w/ JP Yellow Springs
5.5" Spikes barrel
Spikes 9mm Mag Well (bottom load, with BHO)
C Products 32 round magazine
9mm Octane suppressor
Samson Evolution 12" handguard

Obligatory pic...