YHM Phantom LT added length ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Ranger88

YHM Phantom LT added length ?

Post by Ranger88 »

I've spent the last 2+ hours searching everywhere trying to figure out what the added length is... I know the suppressor is 7.625 inches. When AAC is describing their suppressors on their site, it says the suppressor length is 7.66 and right below it is says "length added: 6.1". The YHM website doesn't give that information. I would like to know what the "length added" is for the Phantom LT.

All help is appreciated!
m4a1sof
Silent But Deadly

Re: YHM Phantom LT added length ?

Post by m4a1sof »

I'm still waiting for my Phantom LT to get out of jail. Not sure what the added length would mean. Do they mean from the vertical face of the back of the threads of the muzzle, from the very end of the muzzle, from the end of a standard A1 or A2 flash hider, or from the end of the QD AAC flash hider. I can tell you that from the vertical face of the back of the muzzle threads to the front of the ring with the four raised notches in it on the YHM QD flash hider that comes with it is 1/2". So if the overall of just the can is 7 5/8", the total length from wherever that vertical face is on your gun would be 8 1/8" or possibly a little less than that depending on how much that ring compresses when you tighten up the can. Judging by AAC saying the added length is LESS than the suppressor overall length I would have to assume they mean from the end of the QD flash hider. If that's the case then since the overall length of the YHM QD flash hider is 2 5/8", I guess you would subtract the 1/2" I described above from the overall length of the flash hider and then subtract that from the overall length of the suppressor. So, 7 5/8"-(2 5/8"-1/2") = 5 1/2" added length. YMMV I sucked at math in school :lol: .

I think you will really like the Phantom LT. I got to visit mine when it came in at my sot's and due to the smaller than usual diameter it seems smaller and lighter than it really is. If you haven't already ordered one I just found out a few weeks ago that for 2014 they have come out with a titanium version of it that only weighs 13 ounces. I would have went with that one if they had it when I ordered mine.
jryock
Silent But Deadly

Post by jryock »

Just shoot an email to YHM and ask the question; they have been very quick to answer questions I have asked. Just be sure to give them a solid reference point to measure from. I would have to say the end of the barrel (not flash hider/brake/etc) would be the best point of reference.

I just submitted the Form 4 yesterday for my LT. The long wait begins... Hopefully I will distract myself enough to forget about it.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Take the total length of the suppressor and subtract the thread length of your barrel....you'll be close.
Edit...never mind, you guys are using QD...mine are all direct thread
attila.
Silent But Deadly

Post by attila. »

Did anyone figure out the answer to this yet? Thanks
m4a1sof
Silent But Deadly

Post by m4a1sof »

Best I can figure it's 5 5/8". That's how much the suppressor projects past the end of the Q.D. flash hider.
68Guy
Silent But Deadly

Post by 68Guy »

Maybe I am missing how you guys are "calculating" in answering this guys question but I physically have the YHM LT 7.62 QD suppressor (love it) and the suppressor IS 7.66 or whatever it lists (using a ruler and well it doesn't do .66 if ya know what I mean) AND the overall length is LONGER because there is a rim on the QD mount. The 1/4" QD mount rim is outside not inside the suppressor so it is additive. Mine measures just about 7 7/8" installed from the bottom of the barrel threads. AKA "real world" length. You can kind of see it here. That is a Seekins Bar handguard and the suppressor fits in very nicely and NO, it doesn't get hot. The 300BLk is not a hot round so no worries. Image
Retired USAFR, NRA Life Member, NSSF, IDPA Range Safety Officer, GSSF member. Multiple ARs including 5.56 M4, 6.8 SPC II and suppressed 300BLK 8" SBR.
attila.
Silent But Deadly

Post by attila. »

68Guy wrote:Maybe I am missing how you guys are "calculating" in answering this guys question but I physically have the YHM LT 7.62 QD suppressor (love it) and the suppressor IS 7.66 or whatever it lists (using a ruler and well it doesn't do .66 if ya know what I mean) AND the overall length is LONGER because there is a rim on the QD mount. The 1/4" QD mount rim is outside not inside the suppressor so it is additive. Mine measures just about 7 7/8" installed from the bottom of the barrel threads. AKA "real world" length. You can kind of see it here. That is a Seekins Bar handguard and the suppressor fits in very nicely and NO, it doesn't get hot. The 300BLk is not a hot round so no worries.
Excellent! I was wondering how long it would make the package when mounted on my 10.5" PWS barrel, so thank you for your answer.
My LT should be mine in 3 months, so I'm eagerly anticipating it. :mrgreen:
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

I can measure mine tonight for you if there are any lingering doubts.

I have an 8" barrel under a 13" handguard and the suppressor sticks out about 2.5 inches. The whole setup (barrel and suppressor) is shorter now than when I had a 16" barrel (barrel+flash hider, no suppressor) on it.
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

68Guy wrote:AND the overall length is LONGER because there is a rim on the QD mount. The 1/4" QD mount rim is outside not inside the suppressor so it is additive. Mine measures just about 7 7/8" installed from the bottom of the barrel threads. AKA "real world" length.
I also noticed that the QD flash hider added length to my suppressor.