Privi Partisan?

Discussion about 5.56mm ARs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BlkBeard
Silent But Deadly

Re: Privi Partisan?

Post by BlkBeard »

realtreehunter wrote:Anyone here ever use this stuff? I was looking into putting some green tips up just in case and found some at a decent price. The only issue is the one review on it says it has soft brass. so soft that two different AR ejectors tore through the rim on ten out of ten rounds fired causing the brass to have to be knocked out with a cleaning rod.

Opinions Welcome, Experience preferred!

edit to remove a fat fingered mistake :oops:
Ok, this will show you the luck I had with brand new factory loads that I was going to use the brass from.

The pic is .270 Win through a sweet buttery smooth Browning that never had a single problem eating anything before or after these. I no longer load the .270 so I saved a few.

Since I do load 5.56 all of those went in the trash so they would not get mixed in where they shouldn't be. The 5.56 did the exact same thing in a Colt, and a Stag, both of which never had a single problem eating anything before or after these.

Roughly 50% had a chunk of the rim completely torn off, but as you can see in the pic even the 2 that did not rip off completely still ripped about 75% of the way through and they were all 100% junk as far as useable brass goes.

Now the rounds themselves were extremely accurate and well made, and the .270 was about 200 + fps faster than identical Win X, but you can see what I think first hand of their brass below :

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: In Dog Beers....... I've Only Had One
realtreehunter
Silent But Deadly

Post by realtreehunter »

Yeah, That was the complaint that made me choose not to buy 1k of these. Hearing it from someone else makes me feel better for passing them up. Maybe Privi is working with Obummer to slow down cyclic rate of the AR along with outright bans. :x
BlkBeard
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlkBeard »

realtreehunter wrote:Yeah, That was the complaint that made me choose not to buy 1k of these. Hearing it from someone else makes me feel better for passing them up. Maybe Privi is working with Obummer to slow down cyclic rate of the AR along with outright bans. :x
For the price I would not hesitate to grab more , but only for a bolt gun. It's a very old company, off the top of my head they started in 1873 or so. Very good ammo, but not for me in a semi or to reuse the brass.

Performance was superb. As good or better than premium loads, but the brass was ... well you can see that for yourself :shock:
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: In Dog Beers....... I've Only Had One
woodweasel58

Post by woodweasel58 »

Wideners did a pretty complete test of some 55 gr stuff a cew years back, they said it was some of the best 5.56 they had seen, I bought 1,000, shot a couple hundred through 3 AR's Bushmaster M17, and Daewoo without issue. The brass was annealed and I've reloaded them several times so far. I still have 800 in a can. The only other ammo I prefer is IMI, Widener's had some of both at good prices up untill the BATFE got in the news again.