What is your favorite 300 Blackout cartridge configuration?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

defiant2

Re: What is your favorite 300 Blackout cartridge configurati

Post by defiant2 »

Want: Cheap, but reliable sub-sonic plinkers. Right now, about $.85 (you're the best!)-$1/rnd is all there is... Though a hell of a lot of fun to plink suppressed, it's too expensive unless you're Mr. Howell.

I'd settle for more supersonic $.50-60/rnd plinking options like the Ozarks and Fiocchi too.

Regards,
"Now you see that evil will always triumph... because good is dumb."
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I second the 225 grain hornadys . they fly great and are much more accurate in my 3 guns than the 208 amax . I think the nosler varmageddon makes a great general purpose bullet in my experience certainly not dirt cheap but half the price of barnes . personally I prefer bullets that will be close to the weight and velocity of my hunting ammo . I have never fired a 147 grain bullet as I dont load any hunting ammo in that weight . I suppose they're people who just go to the range and thats it . To be honest I would prefer loading components in bulk . Nothing against you or your company for all I know you could be loading match grade ammo , I just prefer to load my own . either way I appreciate your effort and thank you for taking the time to ask for opinions .

jeff
ugawino

Post by ugawino »

If you're soliciting suggestions, I'd love for someone to make some steel case plinking ammo in 300. Something comparable to Tulammo or Wolf that I can run 100 through in an afternoon and not think twice about the cost.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Less expensive subsonics would be great.

And some lighter plinkers in the 110gr class would rock also so the ballistics would be closer to my beloved blacktips.

In the end, any weight that you can get out at .50/rd will be well received and will help solidify the future of the cartridge.
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

I would like to see something competitive with Ozark Ordinance reloads, which are down to around .50 a round if 250-500 rounds is purchased at a time.

Definitely reliable quality plinker ammo that is not priced outrageously is an outage in 300 blackout land today.

For me personally, anything other than that will be in the HD category, so always looking for the best performance out there both super and sub sonic... price is much less of an issue when I'm just loading up a few magazines for homestead protection.

I am getting some Barnes black tip ammo this week just to vet them in my rifle, but looking for other options.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

While the BLK specific ogive is optimal, the Speer 125 TNT is very economical for getting in to the lighter/ faster bullets for plinking. My problem with the 145-150 is the POI is much different.

Those Speer 125 TNT can be had for the casual handloader for $90/500 so I'm betting you order a pallet of them and it will be cheaper. High quality plinking/varmit rounds are needed.

I like the 125 SST too.
Antinimby
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Antinimby »

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to some of these messages but I have been on the road and got back late last night.

So after reading some of your suggestions we have decided to add another option on our 300 BLK, we are starting to package 500 rounds of our subsonic 220 grain Sierra in a MTM 30 caliber ammo box. Hopefully it will be on the website for sale tomorrow for $425 including shipping. You can go to the website at http://fogammo.com to purchase this product or any of our other offerings.

Next in line is the Speer 125 grain TNT, I think this is a great idea, we are starting to get the components for this round to start production in early December. You can check on the website for availability or subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you up to date on these new releases. You can go to: http://fogfirearms.com at the bottom of the first page you can sign up.

Thanks for all your orders and we will continue to respond to all your suggestions.
mrgein
Silent But Deadly

Post by mrgein »

yep you make a decent sub and super plinking round and you will be selling plenty.
dillon 650xl
AAC 16" upper
AAC NiB full auto BCG
Raptor CH
KAC URX3.1 13.5"
Ambush lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Savvy Sniper Quad Dual QD sling
IMR 4227
Hornady Custom Dies
Ibmikey

Post by Ibmikey »

TNT bullets were mentioned as good for hunting, I just took a 350# Texas Boar with one shot from my Handi rifle (115 gr TNT, 17 gr H110) he ran sixty yards and was dead. I have not fired this load in my AR but wondered about the comment it is not good for shooting in them?
A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

nolwark76 wrote:While the BLK specific ogive is optimal, the Speer 125 TNT is very economical for getting in to the lighter/ faster bullets for plinking. My problem with the 145-150 is the POI is much different.

Those Speer 125 TNT can be had for the casual handloader for $90/500 so I'm betting you order a pallet of them and it will be cheaper. High quality plinking/varmit rounds are needed.

I like the 125 SST too.

This has always been my thought. The POI shift between 150gr and 110 gr is like 3 inches at 50 yards. It would be nice to only need to make small adjustments to scope, red dot, iron sights between training rounds and hunting rounds.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk