Say hello to my little friend!

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Say hello to my little friend!

Post by voip-1 »

Finally got all approved and legit today! :P

I know that there are lots of AAC 9" upper builds here, but this one is mine.

9" AAC complete upper
Mega Arms Ambi Billet lower
Bravo company buffer tube, buffer and spring.
Colt parts kit with some other random parts used.
Raptor charging handle.
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Magpul furniture.
Holosun cheapie microdot until I can get a deal on an H1/T1/T2. The Holosun has a smeared dot at higher brightnesses so I will be returning it soon.

Kind of mind bending how small and light it is. I think I'm just a hair over 7 lbs with a loaded magazine in it.

Will be really hard waiting till I can get to the range this weekend to put some rounds through this puppy. Do you guys keep the full copy of the trust (vs just the first couple of pages) with the approved ATF permit for the weapon with the weapon at all times?

Here's some photos of little friend along with a final one of little friend and his 5.56 buddy, a PWS MK114 MOD1 that's rocking the Elcan SpecterDR optics (I didn't cheap out on that one).

Next up on deck is probably purchase of a JP silent captured spring and definite purchase of Saker 7.62 from Silencerco which is already on order just waiting months on paperwork. :twisted:

Jim Timber
Silent But Deadly

Re: Say hello to my little friend!

Post by Jim Timber »

Nice rifle!
https://squareup.com/market/SimpleThreadedDevices
https://www.facebook.com/SimpleThreadedDevices
Shooter54

Post by Shooter54 »

Very nice Voip!
I carry a document called a "CERTIFICATION OF TRUST". It is a legal doc like a "Trust - lite" but without listing items owned by the Trust. My Stamped app (color copy) lists the owner of the suppressor as the Trust. I use my can on a pistol and did not go the SBR route. Time will tell if I go the form 1 approach and upgrade the pistol.

It sure will be hard waiting till the weekend to try that out. Have a great one!
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

Thanks! As I did an eform I just got a PDF of the approval without any color anything. Do they also send a paper form?
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

Nope. Download it, print it, laminate it.......anything you want. I also keep a downloaded JPG on my phone of all my forms.
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

Overton-AR wrote:Nope. Download it, print it, laminate it.......anything you want. I also keep a downloaded JPG on my phone of all my forms.
Those are good ideas, thanks!

Do I need the full 4-5 pages of the approval that includes 2+ pages of instructions or just the "top sheet"?
KTMRacer
Silent But Deadly

Post by KTMRacer »

Nice, very nice.
Hate to hear the prob with the Holosun. I have one and it works great. Got to keep the bolts tight that attach it to the mount, other than that she's a keeper for me.
voip-1
Senior Silent Operator

Post by voip-1 »

KTMRacer wrote:Nice, very nice.
Hate to hear the prob with the Holosun. I have one and it works great. Got to keep the bolts tight that attach it to the mount, other than that she's a keeper for me.
For a product made in Chicom the Holosun is pretty darn nice. I might consider ordering the new 403G that works with Aimpoint mounts and has the side mounted battery. Primary Arms also has that new one without the auto on/off or scope cover for $169 which is what I paid for this one.

I think the release of the Aimpoint T2 is going to drive down T1 and H1 prices, especially closer to the holidays. I expect to be able to get H1 for $399, T1 for $499 and T2 for $599. At that price I might just pony up for the Aimpoint.
Piep
Silent But Deadly

Post by Piep »

Hello little friend
There's a time for compromise. It's called later.

Politically Correct;
A term used for Whiny, overly sensitive Pansies
who need everything Sugar- Coated for them.
KTMRacer
Silent But Deadly

Post by KTMRacer »

voip-1 wrote:
KTMRacer wrote:Nice, very nice.
For a product made in Chicom the Holosun is pretty darn nice. I might consider ordering the new 403G that works with Aimpoint mounts and has the side mounted battery. Primary Arms also has that new one without the auto on/off or scope cover for $169 which is what I paid for this one.

I think the release of the Aimpoint T2 is going to drive down T1 and H1 prices, especially closer to the holidays. I expect to be able to get H1 for $399, T1 for $499 and T2 for $599. At that price I might just pony up for the Aimpoint.
Yeah I hear ya 'cept I'm Not gonna be a player on any non magnified optic in that price range. Takes away more of my fun money that I spend elsewhere.
FWIW might surprise you (did me) some very big names in the glass game are now putting their name on Chicom product. Good for us ( the consumer) quality still seems worthy of the money.