Need a better scale...maybe dispenser too...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need a better scale...maybe dispenser too...

Post by Hardrockshot »

I have the Chargemaster and while I like it, I would like to have a scale that is more accurate and attaches to the dispenser. The straw helps with the accuracy, but I always want more. The speed of the Chargemaster is nice and will keep up with the Dillon loader that I use to load with.
Calibration is easy which is a plus.
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

I tried a chargemaster and was not impressed at all with it's accuracy. I do not reload in any bulk fashion, single stage press and each charge measured out on the Gempro250. I do have a certified Ainsworth analytical scale that is accurate to 1/140th of a grain to verify the accuracy of whatever scales I use.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

talonxracer wrote:I tried a chargemaster and was not impressed at all with it's accuracy. I do not reload in any bulk fashion, single stage press and each charge measured out on the Gempro250. I do have a certified Ainsworth analytical scale that is accurate to 1/140th of a grain to verify the accuracy of whatever scales I use.

the chargemaster openly claims that its a +/- 0.1gr scale so comparing its accuracy to something of that's certified to 1/140th of a grain is comparing the steering and suspension of a a 1972 dodge pinto to a damned ferrari :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats not even in the same ballpark, no less the same sport :mrgreen:

i mean honestly for what 97% of shooters are going to need the chargemaster is more than accurate/consistent enough to produce very good quality ammo with consistent powder charges.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
steve franklin
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve franklin »

That would be a Ford Pinto. It made Time Magazine's list of Top 50 worst cars ever, but in defense of it's reputation. so did a Ferrari.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

steve franklin wrote:That would be a Ford Pinto.
\
ford, dodge, ... whatever - still a giant turd of a car
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

plant.one wrote:
talonxracer wrote:I tried a chargemaster and was not impressed at all with it's accuracy. I do not reload in any bulk fashion, single stage press and each charge measured out on the Gempro250. I do have a certified Ainsworth analytical scale that is accurate to 1/140th of a grain to verify the accuracy of whatever scales I use.

the chargemaster openly claims that its a +/- 0.1gr scale so comparing its accuracy to something of that's certified to 1/140th of a grain is comparing the steering and suspension of a a 1972 dodge pinto to a damned ferrari :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats not even in the same ballpark, no less the same sport :mrgreen:

i mean honestly for what 97% of shooters are going to need the chargemaster is more than accurate/consistent enough to produce very good quality ammo with consistent powder charges.
I simply used the Ainsworth to verify the scales accuracy, there was no comparison made between them, you are supposed to use more precise measuring devices to check lesser ones, standard operating procedures.

I don't use the Ainsworth to reload with, it is too damned big, bulky and slow, I use the GEMPRO 250 for reloading and it's accuracy is still far beyond the chargemaster at plus or minus .02g

maybe it is accurate enough for 97% of reloaders, but I never consider anything I do at such a low %, it is 100% or not at all, LOL the chargemaster had a .2gr spread, that is enough to open up groups. but like I said I don't reload mass amounts of ammo. I do not get off on mag dumps or full auto, but I do get a woodie when I hit thumb tacks at 200 yards.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

talonxracer wrote:
I simply used the Ainsworth to verify the scales accuracy, there was no comparison made between them, you are supposed to use more precise measuring devices to check lesser ones, standard operating procedures.

you're right and now that i re-read it, i totally miffed what you were getting across. sorry about that.