Does it tick you off when companies take so long to ship?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Black Friday
Silent But Deadly

Re: Does it tick you off when companies take so long to ship

Post by Black Friday »

mostholycerebus wrote:
Black Friday wrote:Prime is a prime example, your paying to get free shipping and your paying to get discounts. You'll have to spend a lot of money to make it work in your favor (if that's even possible).
Prime costs $100 a year. If you are a student or teacher, its $50 a year. I pay that, first, because Amazon streaming is finally decent on my playstation. The UI is still clunky, but they have most of the HBO stuff, some decent newer movies, and alot of the cartoons my kids like. They have most of the Nickelodeon stuff, and Netflix has the Disney stuff. We pay about $15 a month (between the two) for all the quality television we can consume. My kids watch exactly what I want, when I want, for how long I want. They dont know what a commercial is, and are confused when people say they need to wait for their show to come on.

Speaking of which, with Prime I can sign on to Amazon Mom and get further discounts of diapers and preschooler stuff.

So, on top of that, I use the Prime shipping like crazy. I probably put in 10 or more orders a month, and most of those are $5 books, $7-$10 toys, and asst gun parts. I dont have to wait to put a $35 order together: I just buy that $5 Lego set, I get 3% back in rewards, and it shows up on my doorstep in 2 days.

Where it REALLY pays off is when you are building multiple ARs. Yeah, Amazon has that ejection port cover hinge spring for 20 cents more, but if I ordered from another retailer I would be paying $7 for shipping and waiting a week. Or having to put together a larger order. Or waiting for a holiday for a coupon/free ship code.

Or, TL:DR - I get WELL more than $100 in value from Amazon Prime, and im sure there are many others out there as well.
Well that sounds purty cool for you and your making good use of it. That's good. But by paying a couple more bucks to midwayusa for my caldwell brass catcher I paid 6.00 dollars less for shipping than amazon was going to charge me. You win your way and I win my way.
ToiddRvs

Post by ToiddRvs »

What I am really pissed more about anything is first They state on their webpage in stock... Then they hit your credit card right away and when you call an complain 2 weeks later about the shipping time on an in stock item they hand you some bull about well the parts are in stock and we have to build it then test it and there are 800 people in front of you.. So it will be 4 weeks before we ship...To me that is not in stock...
oberstgreup
Silent Operator

Post by oberstgreup »

mostholycerebus wrote:When you choose basement pricing, you get basement shipping.
This. I know when I order from PSA I'm giving up fast shipping for a lower price. Usually that's a bargain I'm happy to make. If it isn't, I'll pay more and order from someone else.

I've never had an order from them filled incorrectly or take more than 10-12 days to show up. That would be where I'd start calling it bad customer service.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I ordered a blem upper from them last Friday. Got a shipping notification last night, should be here Friday....we'll see.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Black Friday wrote:
RDA wrote:I have ordered 100s of times with Amazon and never had any trouble understanding the shipping (whether free or otherwise), both before I had Prime and after.
Prime is a prime example, your paying to get free shipping and your paying to get discounts. You'll have to spend a lot of money to make it work in your favor (if that's even possible). That's the problem with these large company's. All they have to do is take something simple and complicate it (shipping cost). It may look like your saving money but in reality they do this to increase their profits rather than save you money. That's is why I would rather do business with a company who is straight up with shipping cost even if I have to spend a little more.
Your understanding of Amazon Prime and Amazon's business model (or Midway USA's model) is lacking. But that is ok, I don't need you to explain it to me.
Black Friday
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black Friday »

RDA wrote:
Your understanding of Amazon Prime and Amazon's business model (or Midway USA's model) is lacking. But that is ok, I don't need you to explain it to me.
No I'm not lacking in my comments, after all that's what this topic is about, company's who want to screw people around by not providing services that they should. If your willing to deal with those types of company's then that's OK because there's no law against screwing yourself and many company's will take advantage of that. If the OP or anyone else here feels that a company sucks they can do something about it and that's... do business with someone else. The OP is trying to fight back rather then saying... Oh, it's OK if I get screwed. WE need more people with enough balls to fight back and say we have had enough of this stupid crap.
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

Black Friday wrote:
RDA wrote:
No I'm not lacking in my comments, after all that's what this topic is about, company's who want to screw people around by not providing services that they should. If your willing to deal with those types of company's then that's OK because there's no law against screwing yourself and many company's will take advantage of that. If the OP or anyone else here feels that a company sucks they can do something about it and that's... do business with someone else. The OP is trying to fight back rather then saying... Oh, it's OK if I get screwed. WE need more people with enough balls to fight back and say we have had enough of this stupid crap.
I agree with providing feedback on companies and how they do business, particularly if they are taking advantage of others, have unethical or fraudulent business practices, etc.

But if you can't understand Amazon Prime or Amazon's basic shipping practices, you may consider not commenting as Amazon is hardly "screwing people" as you put it.
Pinecone

Post by Pinecone »

Anderson Manufacturing can take a LONG time to ship. I ordered a complete upper on Sunday, and it took all the way until Monday afternoon to ship. Including headspacing a bolt and test firing it.

:lol:
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

RDA wrote:Amazon is hardly "screwing people"
True. Just checked, and I've placed 22 orders so far this year. That works out to less than four bucks per order, each of them delivered within two days. This past Friday afternoon my old truck developed an annoying "Lamp Out" ding that wouldn't stop, and on Sunday the USPS guy (yes, USPS on Sunday) pulled up with two new tail light circuit boards for a total cost of $27.70. Nobody else on the planet could make that happen.

BTW, one of my orders earlier this year was for a Prime subscription at the cheaper rate, to be delivered the day my current subscription runs out. I screwed Amazon!
Black Friday
Silent But Deadly

Post by Black Friday »

Well, I'll leave it at this, I did my build, it's done. After two times at the range everything went well. Would I do it again? Not until people who supply parts can get their heads out of their asses. I got real tired of seeing out of stock, out of stock, out of stock, processing, processing, processing, waiting, waiting, waiting. For you who get down on your knees and pay homage to amazon this thread is about gun stuff not books, movies and toys. I've got a second part coming in from amazon that won't (once again) fit my AR. It will once again be sent back and I will leave a very bad review for that product. "It sucks" should do nicely for that review.