Rob Arms XCR in 300BLK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

iamduck82

Rob Arms XCR in 300BLK

Post by iamduck82 »

looking for information and feedback on the XCR in 300blk. i've read a fair amount of reviews on the rifle in other calibers and it seems like a rifle i wouldnt be pissed off to own. just looking for feed back on if it cycles subs, supers, and anything in between. i know this caliber works flawless in the AR platform but i'm looking for a light rifle i can take camping/hiking or even hunting. Reason for looking at an XCR is i am in canada and as much as i love the AR platform it is restricted (can only shoot at specific ranges and no hunting with it). i also wanted something that would use the same gear as my Noveske. keep reloading simple as i own 223 and 308.

any info? feedback? i havent heard of anyone using an XCR in 300 yet.

help
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Re: Rob Arms XCR in 300BLK

Post by Dr.Phil »

You may be out of luck.
Piston platforms in 300 BLK have not had much success due to the major swing in gas pressures / volume.
The DI systems are able to accommodate this much easier.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
iamduck82

Re: Rob Arms XCR in 300BLK

Post by iamduck82 »

i know there have been issues with 300 in piston driven systems. Rob Arms has released and XCR in 300 into production. that leads me to believe they made it work. plus i've heard of a few people swapping their ACR over to 300 and having it cycle subs and supers just fine.........

i'm looking for experience and feedback..... does the current production model XCR chambered in 300blk cycle subs and supers? is it accurate? is it a smelly pile of dog poo?

i'm not looking for a regurgitation of the issues already experienced many times in the past..... Phil, stop acting like Dr. Phil....

thanks for the reply though.