Straight Blowback 300 blk?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Straight Blowback 300 blk?

Post by gds »

dellet wrote:
gds wrote:
yondering wrote:gds, what would be the point of building a blowback 300? What do you want to accomplish?

You could do it, for subsonic only (within the limits of the AR15 platform), but I can't picture what the benefit would be. It would probably be louder when suppressed (more port noise), heavier, and very dangerous if a supersonic round got mixed in.
It was more of a "hey(hold my beer) I wonder if this will work"

I have not had the time to delve into it much farther. and with other gun issues I have had lately, not likely to get to it anytime soon.

It would not be an AR15 if I did. It would use some AR15 parts and magazine, but it would be of another design.

One of the things I have considered is the possibility of putting a super sonic load in it. obviously that would be very bad. If I were to continue with it. it would have to be limited to light powder loads. powders that we would normally use for subsonics out of single shot and bolt actions. Red dot, unique, bullseye, Trail boss I would not want to even try a subsonic heavy bullet with 1680, for fear the pressure would be way to high.

The port noise could be just like you said, although if I were to limit it to the powders I mentioned then it should not be any louder then my blow back 9mm subsonic AR15. At least in theory.

But again this is last on my long list of projects so. Not looking for it to happen any time soon.
It just won't work without using the right terminology. :mrgreen:

Just got to assk, how would you work up loads for this. High to low, low to high. :shock:

LOL.

Honestly I would use an equivalent pistol load and work up.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Re: Straight Blowback 300 blk?

Post by Twinsen »

But gas operation is SO GOOD!