just found bulk PC VERY cheap $9 a lb dnd free ship

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, Dolomite_Supafly

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: just found bulk PC VERY cheap $9 a lb dnd free ship

Post by tallburnedmidget »

vz58 wrote:
kamoto wrote:i did say they were new and their store had only been open less than 48 hrs they added some colors i requested as i want to try a few and i have a body shop friend that will take them if they dont work well for my use.

and vz 58 is correct i was expecting people on here to go to ebay not google and search for him.

I did the google, yahoo, dog pile and ebay search...nothing.

now it comes up. Probably just an eBay glitch.
Nah you were doing everything normal your mind reading skills were just lacking as I ran into the same problem. The explanation on the failed searches was searching on the term "dcm2" when really the search should have been on "dmc2". A simple typo caused all the confusion :)
kamoto
Silent But Deadly

Post by kamoto »

My apologies I do posting and reading on mobile while at work like now.
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Post by vz58 »

kamoto wrote:My apologies I do posting and reading on mobile while at work like now.

No worries. You gave the heads up. Powder was found and ordered.
kamoto
Silent But Deadly

Post by kamoto »

i do have some more phone calls to make but there is a chance i can do even better than this and get powder seconds. there is a large industrial shop that powder coats near me. and they order it in 50 lb boxes. but when they change PC if the box weights less than "x" they throw it out along with any pc in the line when they flush it. :?: :!: so basically my goal was to ask them about getting a few of the buckets of PC if i could determine the types they were useing. color options would be out from the gun flush and pry just end up with brown but the end of the boxes would be in bags still if i can get them to agree to this. another option is the color booth. its 50 x 25 where they coat everything and it is swept out at least 2x a day just all the over spray.....

what are everybody's thoughts on this ?
xacex
Silent Operator

Post by xacex »

I received some "black death" from this seller last week. Shipped fast, and the powder worked for the ASBB dry tumble method I have been trying lately. Is is kind of a deep black/red. It appears to have a little red in the pigment, and is a super high gloss. Passed the smash test. I would buy some more if I needed it. Looking at the flat bronze he has for some motorcycle parts I need to paint.
vz58
Silent But Deadly

Post by vz58 »

Black Death, one coat pre sizer. VERY glossy. VERY.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

holy PC bling!
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
jimboone

Post by jimboone »

I got some black death and cheetah green powder last week. I used black death on some .452 lead I had laying around. They coated very nicely whatever method I used. I found dry mixing in my tumbler the easiest method for me. Tumbled for about 5 minutes and then baked at 400 for 10 minutes. Coating came out great at about .454 thick. Only problem I had was that I used too much powder on my first try and the coating came out really thick, about .006-8. Monitored the powder better on the next two batches and all was good.

The cheetah green was a different story. I tried this on some 9mm lead and tried dt and dt with airsoft pellets. These didn't come out too well. Very streaky with lots of missing color. Even two coats didn't make much difference. What did work was tumbling in my tumbler with airsoft pellets for 5+ minutes and then curing. Bullets came out really nice with a .002 inch thick coating. I think all of the bullets were usable but the ones tumbled with airsoft pellets gave complete coverage.

This was my first time dry coating and I was really pleased with the results. I don't think I would continue this using espc or multi coats because of the time involved in the procedures but this simple dump in the tumbler, shake off the extra pc and put in the oven is really easy and worth doing. Many thanks to those who pioneered this method.
boost
Silent But Deadly

Post by boost »

vz58 wrote:Image

Black Death, one coat pre sizer. VERY glossy. VERY.

Really really nice
SEMI - SILENT