Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: Denied for the recent EOTech rebate

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Not a lot of people can afford a clip on.

I was issued a 14 and ran it on a helmet. Made it a lot easier to move around in the dark than having a weapon mounted gun.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
afshirt
Silent But Deadly

Post by afshirt »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:Anybody who has regularly used an Eotech in a harsh manner will know they crap out all the time. What I have seen first hand is a lot of the Eotechs just die or loose zero for no apparent reason. I have seen it with well used and abused ones as well as brand new ones so there is no rhyme or reason to it. And this was with several different versions but mostly with the AA version. In one trip we had 1/4 of them die and those were brand new ones. In their defense we are a bit hard on equipment but no harder than the average 3 gunner.

I will say that when you have to use night vision that there is nothing greater than the Eotech.

Dolomite
Back when I was an AF Cop before I became a First Sergeant I deployed with the Army. They were giving Everyone Eotechs. I already had an Aimpoint but all of the Army guys I was with used them. We regularly convoying the roads of Iraq in 2005 for 12 months. Even after my humvee was hit and my buddies rifle went flying it not only worked fine but didnt need a zero adjustment. Sold me since my Aimpoint shattered. Ive had one on my civilian rifle ever since and carbine class after carbine class it has never let me down. In fact I just got another one to replace my Trijicon reflex that crapped out. So the moral. You cannot say everyone using them has had issues.
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA pistol, rifle, shotgun, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home
Full time instructor with Florida Firearms Training
GrimmLV
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GrimmLV »

IMGrunt wrote:Submitted online, followed up with the proper mail-in requirements and received my rebate...6 or 7 week turn-around.
Ditto. I have had good luck with the several rebate offers I have submitted to Eotech. No problems at all...
vandy58
Silent But Deadly

Post by vandy58 »

I have done two rebates in the past with no problems.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

Ok, I got the same notice as Abiqua's friend that read "serial number is not in the accepted range". I messed around and didn't call, sometimes life gets in the way....Anyway, Wednesday there is a envelope from EoTech, It's the $60 check. I don't know what the original letter was all about.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

dtom29 wrote:Ok, I got the same notice as Abiqua's friend that read "serial number is not in the accepted range". I messed around and didn't call, sometimes life gets in the way....Anyway, Wednesday there is a envelope from EoTech, It's the $60 check. I don't know what the original letter was all about.
Interesting, I'll let my friend know. I haven't talked with him for a few days, he might have received his and I just don't know.
vertical ascent
Senior Silent Operator

Post by vertical ascent »

Abiqua wrote:
dtom29 wrote:Ok, I got the same notice as Abiqua's friend that read "serial number is not in the accepted range". I messed around and didn't call, sometimes life gets in the way....Anyway, Wednesday there is a envelope from EoTech, It's the $60 check. I don't know what the original letter was all about.
Interesting, I'll let my friend know. I haven't talked with him for a few days, he might have received his and I just don't know.

This happened to me as well. I received the same notice, for the most part I could care less about rebate submissions, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Today I received the rebate check. Perhaps an error on the company that processed this particular rebate.
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

My rebate check from Eotech arrived in the mail today.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Oddly enough, I purchased the same sight at the same dealer only a month earlier. I'm pretty sure I listed my PO Box also. I got my check with no problem. I always read the rebate rules before submission and look especially for any address requirements, as some don't allow PO Boxes. I don't recall seeing that with EOTech.

I guess it all depends on the mood of the flunky processing your rebate. Also, I agree that many companies will use any technicality as an excuse to deny your rebate. :roll:
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
Abiqua
Silent But Deadly

Post by Abiqua »

As you say, knowing that some companies use whatever technicality they can to not pay, I check the rules very carefully. I don't recall seeing any restriction on P.O.Boxes. The person I talked to when I called in was polite and helpful, said he would take care of it, and he did.