mvp in 300blk??

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Re: mvp in 300blk??

Post by jwb47 »

I handled a couple of the 223 mvp at the local fun shop . To me I have to agree with the previous post it will fit right in with the savage line , but thats not a bad thing. I think I will pick up the predator model with an 18 inch barrel one of these days since I have a ton of 5.56 brass and around 4 thousand 5.56 62 grain bullets . but right now I have to many other projects that need attention first.
Sharkbite
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sharkbite »

I handled one in 223 and thought "so what". But in 300 with a can and feeding out of AR mags. I think this would be a great little toy :mrgreen:
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I never understood why savage backed off the 300 blackout . my 700 remington with subs and a can is nothing short of sheer joy to shoot and see no reason for the mvp in 300 to be any different . mossberg moves like mollasses in january so time will tell.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

jwb47 wrote:I never understood why savage backed off the 300 blackout . my 700 remington with subs and a can is nothing short of sheer joy to shoot and see no reason for the mvp in 300 to be any different . mossberg moves like mollasses in january so time will tell.
I also fail to understand why savage backed off. The reasons they give in their statement are confusing and ambiguous at best. I hate that because I really like Savage rifles.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

And on Jan 12 2014 the repeated sound of vapor! Shouldn't you be prevented from showing the same product two yours in a row at shot show lol

http://gunsmithtalk.wordpress.com/2014/ ... show-2014/
MMA10mm
Silent But Deadly

Post by MMA10mm »

tallburnedmidget wrote:And on Jan 12 2014 the repeated sound of vapor! Shouldn't you be prevented from showing the same product two yours in a row at shot show lol

http://gunsmithtalk.wordpress.com/2014/ ... show-2014/
Agreed. That is just not right.
miker557

Post by miker557 »

Does anyone know what thread the barrel on the MVP is? The barrel mounting doesn't look too terribly different from what Savage uses (barrel nut tightened against the action), so it shouldn't be too much trouble to re-barrel one ....
351W

Post by 351W »

I had 1 built and it is my favorite!
lupy123
Silent But Deadly

Post by lupy123 »

Here is an "updated" response from Mossberg...after I told them they lost a sale and I bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout at a good price.

"We announced 300BLK in 2013, and bottom line: it simply was announced too soon. I can't defend it or say you should not be frustrated--I understand why you'd be so upset.

My assumption (unsure) is the delay maybe was due to the fact of the high demand for the 7.62NATO/308 caliber (which is the one comparable to the Scout), and the 5.56/.223 took priority for the MVP production line, but not sure. (I think I heard one of the hold ups last year was procuring enough ammo for testing, but now I understand they have it, and are working through as quickly as they can. We realize we are losing sales and good people like you are losing patience.

Unfortunately this all means vague emails to potential customers like yourselves. Neither I nor Santa Hernandez are not told of release dates so thus we can't give you information that we don't have.

All I can say is thank you for considering us, and I know I speak for everyone saying we wish we could have come through sooner.
Thank you,
Lisa"
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

lupy123 wrote:Here is an "updated" response from Mossberg...after I told them they lost a sale and I bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout at a good price.

"We announced 300BLK in 2013, and bottom line: it simply was announced too soon. I can't defend it or say you should not be frustrated--I understand why you'd be so upset.

My assumption (unsure) is the delay maybe was due to the fact of the high demand for the 7.62NATO/308 caliber (which is the one comparable to the Scout), and the 5.56/.223 took priority for the MVP production line, but not sure. (I think I heard one of the hold ups last year was procuring enough ammo for testing, but now I understand they have it, and are working through as quickly as they can. We realize we are losing sales and good people like you are losing patience.

Unfortunately this all means vague emails to potential customers like yourselves. Neither I nor Santa Hernandez are not told of release dates so thus we can't give you information that we don't have.

All I can say is thank you for considering us, and I know I speak for everyone saying we wish we could have come through sooner.
Thank you,
Lisa"
Santa Hernandez is who gave me two vague replies on the subject of 300BLK. Now here's my pet peeve: If the person replying (in the employee position of replying to the customer) knows they've not been told of release dates or whatevers, duh, go up the chain of command and politely request answers so they can do the job they were hired for. Don't assume and pass out more misinformation. Have the courage to do a good job. This Mossberg thing reminds me of spokespersons for elected officials. Rant off. I feel better now. Thank you. Oh, in case you missed it, I complained to Mossberg mgmt about Santa's poor replies and copied them with his poor replies, but Mossberg didn't reply to my letter. I gave them constructive suggestions on replying to potential customers and training for customer reps.