Newest PMAG gen a bit hard to lock in place ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Seventyfivefj40
Silent But Deadly

Re: Newest PMAG gen a bit hard to lock in place ?

Post by Seventyfivefj40 »

Righty tighty?
SICARII Night Vision LLC
Excelis Night Enforcer Authorized Reseller/Morovision Night Vision Authorized Dealer
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Seventyfivefj40 wrote:Righty tighty?

I believe you bring the rear of the lever up and around one time. Then try your mag. You'll feel it pull in.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Righty tighty
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

Seventyfivefj40 wrote:Righty tighty?
Yes, clockwise when looking at it. I always use a nylon punch rather than metal to avoid marring (yes, I'm probably a bit anal retentive). A wooden dowel also works.
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg
Seventyfivefj40
Silent But Deadly

Ok clockwise as you look at it, once made it slightly better....keep going?
SICARII Night Vision LLC
Excelis Night Enforcer Authorized Reseller/Morovision Night Vision Authorized Dealer
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Got 3 in PMAG 40s today from Brownells. They fit rather loosely, compared to my earlier PMAG 30s. I wonder if there is enough play in the fit to cause malfunctions? The floor plates are different. They remove from the rear only and are not compatible with earlier floor plate versions. Also, I connected 2 PMAG 40s with the MagLink coupler, but the fit/assembly was not perfect, as it was with earlier PMAG 30s. Each half of the MagLink fit against the mags properly, but the 2 halves of the MagLink did not reach each other when I tried to close them together. I used a large C-clamp as a vise to bring the halves close enough to tighten the attachment screws. So far, I have my concerns. We'll see how they function.
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
Siberian

Post by Siberian »

On the Gen M3 mags, take a look at the new mag stop tab molded into the back of mag, I'm running a Spikes Billet lower with my Noveske upper and that tab contacts the lower too early in insertion. They would only lock up when I slapped them pretty hard, and then the ammo seemed to be pressing on the closed bolt harder than I would like. I switched back to gen twos after filing off the tab didn't seem to help much. Is it possible the mag catch detent in the mag is molded slightly out of place?
Seventyfivefj40
Silent But Deadly

Did you loosen the mag catch a turn or two first? No problems with mine after minor adjustments. Also don't overload your mags and I always lock my bolt open when loading now, then close it with the initial mag locked in place. Not sure if that's the rule book method but it works way better than I did forever....
SICARII Night Vision LLC
Siberian

Post by Siberian »

Roger that, the Gen 2's just seem to fit and lock up so much easier, so I'll stick with them. My metal GI mags lock in even easier than the Gen 2's. Thx