JP Enterprises silent captured spring system

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dystaxia
Silent But Deadly

Re: JP Enterprises silent captured spring system

Post by Dystaxia »

Suputin221 wrote:
mech5700 wrote:I left my buffer detent out when i installed the jp, it is much easier to work with that way... Just push the hammer down and slide it in.
Does the JP system have issues going in and out with the buffer detent in place? I made my own and it can be a real bitch to install and remove with the buffer detent in place.

I left mine installed, it does take a screwdriver or something to push the detent down if you want to take the spring back out, but honestly, how often is that?
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

It isn't all that bad, not much more than any other buffer. I just left the spring and pin out when I put my stock back on after Duracoating the rifle as the JP CS buffer works fine with all the rest of the uppers I have as well.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Can you notice a noise reduction when shooting supersonic or is it just good for subsonic ?
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

I can easily feel the difference as well as NOT hear the sprong. I am dedicating the rifle for supers only so I put my lomass BCG in and installed a Syrac adjustable gas block just the other day, I need to order a CS spring pack from JP to see how slick I can get my rifle running.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

talonxracer wrote:It isn't all that bad, not much more than any other buffer. I just left the spring and pin out when I put my stock back on after Duracoating the rifle as the JP CS buffer works fine with all the rest of the uppers I have as well.
I might try that with my home made version. Currently it is a HUGE PIA to get the thing out with the pin in place.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

talonxracer wrote:I can easily feel the difference as well as NOT hear the sprong. I am dedicating the rifle for supers only so I put my lomass BCG in and installed a Syrac adjustable gas block just the other day, I need to order a CS spring pack from JP to see how slick I can get my rifle running.
What does a low mass BGC do for you ? Can you run subsonics through it or just supersonics ?
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

The lo-mass BCG is lighter. match the gas and captured spring rate to your particular round and the rifle runs butter smooth and soft. It should work with subs, but it's focus would be that particular sub and probably would have issues with supers just like my rifle will be focused upon hot 110 handloads and subs would need to be hand cycled, you are narrowing the rifles performance envelope.
colt933

Post by colt933 »

The JP captured spring along with a NiB bolt/carrier really make the AR super quiet and slick. I like the idea posted here of leaving the buffer retainer out - I'm going to do that next time I take that rifle apart.
batman4706
Silent But Deadly

Post by batman4706 »

I put one in my new build, currently a pistol waiting on stamp. No suppressor stamp yet either. It worked perfectly with 220 subs & 147 supers. First time on the range.
Choog

Post by Choog »

I run one in my 12.5 AAC subs and supersonic. Noticeable difference to me. I have the detent I. Still but it is a pain in the ass to get back out. I'm about to change the stock then I'm just gonna leave it out.