Barnes 110 gr Tac-TX - Backorder direct from Barnes

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Smily0
Silent Operator

Barnes 110 gr Tac-TX - Backorder direct from Barnes

Post by Smily0 »

I was browsing another forum and saw what I considered a helpful hint. If this is widely known, please forgive me, as I'm new to the 300, hand loading, and this forum. I just got off the phone with Barnes to place a back order for these bullets, since you can't place the order on their website. He estimated a month lead time based on production and current backorder. We talked about the rounds a little bit and he said he expects another 6-8 months before they are sitting on shelves, readily available (meaning supply has caught up with demand and they aren't being sold as fast as they are stocked). While all of their bullets are in high demand, he said this is the number one selling round at the time and they just can't make them fast enough. He quoted someone at Midway telling him they received something like 200 cases of these and were sold out in less than 15 minutes. Hopefully this will be helpful to some of you waiting, as I don't honestly think I'll find them in-stock in the next few weeks it takes to wait on these.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barnes 110 gr Tac-TX - Backorder direct from Barnes

Post by randyrucker »

Are you talking about the 110gr black tip bullets or the loaded 110gr VOR-TX ammo?
Smily0
Silent Operator

Post by Smily0 »

randyrucker wrote:Are you talking about the 110gr black tip bullets or the loaded 110gr VOR-TX ammo?
I'm talking about the 110 gr black tip bullets, not the loaded ammo. http://barnesbullets.myshopify.com/coll ... -fb-per-50 Sorry I was not clear on that.
Smily0
Silent Operator

Post by Smily0 »

This is going to sound bad, but I didn't even ask. I just gave them payment info. I assume it is the price listed on their site, $35.01. If you go to the store and select TAC-TX bullets, you can see pricing before clicking the link for that specific type of bullet. I guess it would have been wise to ask for pricing and shipping looking back on it, but I wanted them regardless so it wasn't that important at the time.
On a side note, their recording says Wed/Thurs are their slowest days so there is less of a wait time if you want to call and ask.
one4freedom
Silent Operator

Post by one4freedom »

I buy them directly from the factory as they are on my way to a buddy's house I visit a couple times a year. They have always charged the same amount as what they have listed online.
StorminNormin
Silent Operator

Post by StorminNormin »

Website shows they are sold out and it has been that way for a long time. Are you saying they will do orders on the phone but not on the website? I have ordered these bullets from their website before but they have been out of stock since.
Smily0
Silent Operator

Post by Smily0 »

StorminNormin wrote:Website shows they are sold out and it has been that way for a long time. Are you saying they will do orders on the phone but not on the website? I have ordered these bullets from their website before but they have been out of stock since.
Sorry, I didn't see this before. They took my backorder over the phone, even though you can't order them on their website. I will say, its been two months and I still don't have them, even though they said it was only a month backorder.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

The blacktips are not just favored by the 300blk guys, a bunch of the local varmint and benchrest shooters are also using them now in short fat cases, 30BR and like my latest, the 30RAR. I have gone so far as to purchase 2 extra boxes of the Barnes VORTX 300blk ammo just to break them down to use the pulled blacktips in my fat bottomed girls! Barnes might want to start upping the production even further.....LOL
Last edited by talonxracer on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I ordered some from Barnes on 8/20. At the time they told me it would be 4-6 weeks. I called Barnes today and they said they are still 1 to 2 months from filling my order. So after waiting 2 months it looks like I have another 2 months to wait.... and so it goes :evil:
StorminNormin
Silent Operator

Post by StorminNormin »

randyrucker wrote:I ordered some from Barnes on 8/20. At the time they told me it would be 4-6 weeks. I called Barnes today and they said they are still 1 to 2 months from filling my order. So after waiting 2 months it looks like I have another 2 months to wait.... and so it goes :evil:
Good grief! I guess I better call and place an order to get in line.