Sierra Matchking Bullets 300 AAC Blackout (308 Diameter) 125

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Sierra Matchking Bullets 300 AAC Blackout (308 Diameter) 125

Post by randyrucker »

Anyone have any load data on the 125gr Sierra MK ? I can't find any info on the Sierra website. What are we using for a COAL for this bullet ? Any H110 load data out there ? Thanks.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sierra Matchking Bullets 300 AAC Blackout (308 Diameter)

Post by 20X11 »

randyrucker wrote:Anyone have any load data on the 125gr Sierra MK ? I can't find any info on the Sierra website. What are we using for a COAL for this bullet ? Any H110 load data out there ? Thanks.
Sierra #2121...oal of 2.23...H110 at 17.8gr gives me the best accuracy with NO pressure signs in my gun. Either CCI400 or rem 71/2 primers perform equally. Recommend a medium Lee Factory Crimp.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

20X11 wrote:
randyrucker wrote:Anyone have any load data on the 125gr Sierra MK ? I can't find any info on the Sierra website. What are we using for a COAL for this bullet ? Any H110 load data out there ? Thanks.
Sierra #2121...oal of 2.23...H110 at 17.8gr gives me the best accuracy with NO pressure signs in my gun. Either CCI400 or rem 71/2 primers perform equally. Recommend a medium Lee Factory Crimp.

I am curious why the medium vs. light crimp? How much of the bullet is in the cartridge ? What muzzle velocity are you getting?
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

randyrucker wrote:
20X11 wrote:

I am curious why the medium vs. light crimp? How much of the bullet is in the cartridge ? What muzzle velocity are you getting?
I have found that the little extra crimp improves consistency in my rifle. Extreme spread numbers dropped vs. Light crimp.

My test string (5 shots) had a High velocity of 2193 and a low of 2168...averaging 2183. Gave me a 3/4 inch group at 50 yards. Lil Gun powder gives higher velocity and better accuracy, but you asked for H110 load.

I have loaded and shot a couple hundred of that H110 load since the test string. (I have a bunch of H110 as well) I have found this load to be very consistent and it is my second favorite load for the Sierra 2121 projectile.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

I just ordered 500 of these things from Brunos. They were cheaper than midway. Ok, I have lil gun also but when I first tried that powder it seemed to me H110 was giving me better groups so I started using H110. So can you give me your load info with lil gun and I will load some with both powders and see which is tighter. I swear reading this dang forum is costing me to much money. I gotta stop buying stuff. :mrgreen:
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

randyrucker wrote:I just ordered 500 of these things from Brunos. They were cheaper than midway. Ok, I have lil gun also but when I first tried that powder it seemed to me H110 was giving me better groups so I started using H110. So can you give me your load info with lil gun and I will load some with both powders and see which is tighter. I swear reading this dang forum is costing me to much money. I gotta stop buying stuff. :mrgreen:
:lol: ...It's only money...you cant take it with you when you die, so you might as well use it while you are here.

18.5 gr Lil Gun with the same specs as above gave me 1 jagged hole at 50 yards... 2258 avg velocity with No pressure signs.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

20X11 wrote:
randyrucker wrote:I just ordered 500 of these things from Brunos. They were cheaper than midway. Ok, I have lil gun also but when I first tried that powder it seemed to me H110 was giving me better groups so I started using H110. So can you give me your load info with lil gun and I will load some with both powders and see which is tighter. I swear reading this dang forum is costing me to much money. I gotta stop buying stuff. :mrgreen:
:lol: ...It's only money...you cant take it with you when you die, so you might as well use it while you are here.

18.5 gr Lil Gun with the same specs as above gave me 1 jagged hole at 50 yards... 2258 avg velocity with No pressure signs.
Hmmm... that load is 0.5 above the max for the 125gr BT Hogdon lists. Don't let that M_S (abbreviation used to protect the innocent :) guy see this post or he will post a picture of a four finger hand or worse. :shock:
flgunner

Post by flgunner »

I ran 50 rounds of Lil Gun 16.8 with Wolf Small Mag Primers (not sure if that makes a difference - all I've got) this morning. Nice three-inch hole at 50 yards. I'm going to start stepping up from here, but this did OK for me as is.
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

randyrucker wrote:
20X11 wrote:

Hmmm... that load is 0.5 above the max for the 125gr BT Hogdon lists. Don't let that M_S (abbreviation used to protect the innocent :) guy see this post or he will post a picture of a four finger hand or worse. :shock:
Well, the BT is a different projectile. I worked the load carefully up the ladder and verified with QuickLoad software along the way...again..NO pressure signs in my guns. YMMV
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Sounds good to me. I'm happy if your happy. 8)