Handi - Rifle

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Handi - Rifle

Post by jppd47 »

Medic650 wrote:Any one else's Handi rifle awfully stiff to lock shut. With my reloads, factory Remington ammo, and Gunn subsonics, I have to slam action shut a couple of times to get it to lock. Maybe it will loosen up with time but kind of aggravating right now.
mine is like that sporadically as well. Some times no issues closing, other need another go at it
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Mine is s tight, but will close OK. I think after a few 1000 open/close cycles it will wear in. Better than loose at the get go. Head space is another thing to check. Mine is fine. Even a slightly over spec ammo will lock closed with a firm hand. But i seem to get more misfires from short shouldered brass than anything else causing a problem. This is a brass problem not a firearm problem.

My custom Contender barrel has a wicked tight lock up too, i had to take a stone to it to get it to lock closed easier. Still tight, but not causing problems anymore. I'll take to tight over to loose any day.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
ljtfisherman

Post by ljtfisherman »

Mine is tight to open, takes more force than I like but I agree better than loose sloppy. It will get better. I have only shot 50 round so far, today. Just to many other things to shoot. :)
chase102798
Silent But Deadly

Post by chase102798 »

Are you guys ordering the Handis through dealers? I would like one was just wondering where to look. I had heard something about limited batches of them being made.
ljtfisherman

Post by ljtfisherman »

I just happened to walk into dealer and he had it. They have 1 left as of late yesterday.
Dieselgeek

Post by Dieselgeek »

What's the best powder to use for it then? I have a Micro 7 and was going to use some of my loaded up ammo from my shorty AR.

It's 11.2 1680 w/ 208 AMAX. Is that going to send me super?

I'm using an Osprey, will that cause any issues if it does break supersonic.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Dieselgeek wrote:What's the best powder to use for it then? I have a Micro 7 and was going to use some of my loaded up ammo from my shorty AR.

It's 11.2 1680 w/ 208 AMAX. Is that going to send me super?

I'm using an Osprey, will that cause any issues if it does break supersonic.
Unique or LilGun will push the 208 A-Max to 950- 1000 fps, be a bunch quieter, and will be less punishing on your Osprey. Will have less ES too. In the handi you do not need to use gas gun high port pressure loads. Sure they work, but are not the best in the single shot. Take advantage of your handi, unless you also have an AR. Faster powders will be quieter and have lower muzzle pressures.

LilGun is good for supers in the 110-175 gt range, and subs in the 190-250 gr range. I use faster powders for lighter bullet subs.

In the AR A1680 cycles the best, but is louder and has a wide ES. The BLK shines in the Handi/Micro Seven with faster powders.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!