Possible stainless barrel coatings and other stuff

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

aacdragon

Possible stainless barrel coatings and other stuff

Post by aacdragon »

I just read Coheed Killgammon's post on using Guncote to change the color of his stainless barrel. It was interesting, and since I posted the stainless vs chrome lined post, figured I'd ask about this process, and one other.

Is Cerekote an option as well, for changing the barrel color to a black color? I'm over the stainless vs chrome lined issue now, since everyone had great information to help in the decision. But....my only thing now, is that I don't like the color difference of a black BattleComp brake, (which is what I will install), with the contrasting stainless barrel.

I don't know anything about either process, (gunkote, cerekote), and wondering which one would be a better option. With cost not being an issue.

Also, for my last quest for information....Can Noveske have the process completed if I send the rifle back to their facility, and install the BattleComp brake at the same time?

One final request. If the rifle is sent back to the Noveske facility, can the lettering on the rifle and the Noveske emblems be painted, along with the safe and fire designations? I would be thinking along the lines of white for the lettering and safe / and red for the emblems and fire designation. I don't know if that is possible, and how it would look with both red and white so close together, and if the red would just be too much. Do you have any pics of previous painted emblems and letters? Hopefully the entire lower would not need to be re-done for the filling in of the letters and emblems.

I would guess this would be directed towards -k-. Sorry for so much requested info.

aacdragon
I shot an elephant wearing my pants

aacdragon
-k-
Industry Professional

Re: Possible stainless barrel coatings and other stuff

Post by -k- »

I know we don't offer to fill in the lettering. For the purpose of a black barrel I would not spend any time going over the difference in the finishes.

You will need to call sales on the rest, I don't know if we are taking in work like that at this time.
Todd
aacdragon

Post by aacdragon »

Thank you for the reply Todd.

I will do so once I pick up my rifle. I was only looking at things that may make the rifle slightly different, since all the mods are already on the rifle as shipped from your company.

aacdragon
aacdragon

Post by aacdragon »

Wow. I've read quite a bit today, and understand why the subject of coating a barrel can get to be a lengthy ordeal. After doing so much reading on various forums today, regarding the different possibilities of having the outside of a barrel coated, I'll be heading down the Cerecote route for the barrel. It seems to take a beating very well.

Since I'll have to send it out for the Cerecote job, guess I'll check on "filling in" of the letters and emblems as well. But now I'm liking an entire rifle Cerecoted, only since I saw so many while reading today.

Time to gather some quotes.

aacdragon
FarmerTed1971
Silent But Deadly

Post by FarmerTed1971 »

Try Twisted Firearms in Oregon. Jake is really good with Cerakote.
aacdragon

Post by aacdragon »

Thank you FarmerTed. I've been thinking about who to use, and prefer referrels than just going into any shop that is shown on the Cerecote site as applicators.

I'm in Texas, but used to use a guy in California, for bluing, a few years ago, but he's moved since.

aacdragon