The possum!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

farm use
Silent But Deadly

The possum!

Post by farm use »

So I just got home from work & let the dog out. He is a playful boston terrier. So he goes down the back steps & i hear him going ape shit. So i look to see whats going on. Yes its a possum nose to nose with him. I run to safe & get my AR pistol with suppressor on it in .223. I put couple 55gn subs in mag & go. A lot of people wonder why i load subs for .223, thats why. No noise at all, but one dead possum!
SAWebbShooter

Re: The possum!

Post by SAWebbShooter »

All of my shooting and loading are for "farm use" anymore. My interest the 300BLK is largely based on it's utility, including farm use.
Shooting predators and vermin is a special satisfaction (especially with a hand load) when you suffered the losses due to depredation. A big thumbs up on the late Mr. Possum.

Essay W
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

Lol... Thats right. :P
yondering
Silent But Deadly

Post by yondering »

Nice!
farm use wrote: A lot of people wonder why i load subs for .223, thats why. No noise at all, but one dead possum!
Of course, if you had a suppressed .22, you'd have the same ballistics as .223 subs; that's why most people don't see the point of .223 subs. I'm assuming they don't cycle the action?
farm use
Silent But Deadly

Post by farm use »

Hahaha.. no they wont cycle the action. I like them, i see no need for a suppressor for a .22 when i use my .30 cal can on my blkout, grendel, & .223. Its quiet & cheap. I loaded the subs more or less to play with them, but they are fun for my daughter to shoot suppressed & they work well on a possum in the yard. Lol.. its all good. They do hit pretty hard at 100 yds also.