DPMS AAC 300 blk rifles

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Savage260
Silent Operator

DPMS AAC 300 blk rifles

Post by Savage260 »

Hey, new here but have been reading a lot on this site. I don't seem to find any info on the DPMS rifles that came out this year. Are they not as good as advertised, or is there some other reason I am not seeing any feedback?
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: DPMS AAC 300 blk rifles

Post by 300Blk »

They have not shipped yet. I don't think you will see them until at least November.

I shot them yesterday and they work well.

Bushmaster should ship in December.
Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

Oh, ok, thanks for the info! I bought one at my local dealer in July and was a little shy about saying I had one because I didn't see any reviews. Thought maybe I would be laughed off the forum for having junk or some thing like that! I took mine to Western ND and had a blast shooting PDs from 25yds to 253yds with the 110 Vmax. I have an AAC Titan Ti for my 338 Edge coming that I will be putting on the blk to see how it goes. First timer for sub ammo and also first suppressor. I think I am going to enjoy hand loading this one too!
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

yep...handloading 300 AAC is a blast, but not for beginners. It will take ALL of your loading skills and more tools than you can imagine to get this one right. Do your homework on this one.
Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

Why so difficult? I load for 3 pistol chamberings and 15 rifle chamberings so I do have some experience, but still very new(5 years) to hand loading. What other tools will I be needing other than dies and the "normal" equipment? I am glad I found this site so I can get this stuff done correctly! Any info would be great! Thanks!
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

Savage260 wrote:Why so difficult? I load for 3 pistol chamberings and 15 rifle chamberings so I do have some experience, but still very new(5 years) to hand loading. What other tools will I be needing other than dies and the "normal" equipment? I am glad I found this site so I can get this stuff done correctly! Any info would be great! Thanks!

This is the first cartridge I found a Lee factory Crimp die necessary on. (controls extreme spread)
Due to the limited case volume...powder choices are somewhat limited and VERY critical to pressures.
Case length and overall length are critical to proper gun function AND pressures. (Make sure you have a good trimmer and quality caliper)
Chronograph is not just a good idea...a necessity for this round when working up loads.
Actual Published/Pressure tested load data is scarce for this round.
QuickLoad software seems to be a really good idea.

just based on my experience...i have been loading for 25 years...this round i find a challenge...(in a fun way)
YMMV
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

You already have a DPMS 300 BLK?

No, they are not junk.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

20X11 wrote:
Savage260 wrote:Why so difficult? I load for 3 pistol chamberings and 15 rifle chamberings so I do have some experience, but still very new(5 years) to hand loading. What other tools will I be needing other than dies and the "normal" equipment? I am glad I found this site so I can get this stuff done correctly! Any info would be great! Thanks!

This is the first cartridge I found a Lee factory Crimp die necessary on. (controls extreme spread)
Due to the limited case volume...powder choices are somewhat limited and VERY critical to pressures.
Case length and overall length are critical to proper gun function AND pressures. (Make sure you have a good trimmer and quality caliper)
Chronograph is not just a good idea...a necessity for this round when working up loads.
Actual Published/Pressure tested load data is scarce for this round.
QuickLoad software seems to be a really good idea.

just based on my experience...i have been loading for 25 years...this round i find a challenge...(in a fun way)
YMMV
Hammer, meet nail . . . IMHO both annealing AND a crimp is needed to control ES
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

300Blk wrote:They have not shipped yet. I don't think you will see them until at least November.

I shot them yesterday and they work well.

Bushmaster should ship in December.
Any idea on pricing?
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
Savage260
Silent Operator

Post by Savage260 »

Yes, I have the model with the AAC Blackout flash hider. If some one can run me through a quick set of instructions I can post a pic or two. Not sure if it was a demo or what. Would I be able to find out via the serial number? I know the prices I saw online were between $999.99 and $1299.99, but there were none in stock.
Last edited by Savage260 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.