New Noveske 8.2" 300Blk upper. PICS.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hydro556
Silent Operator

New Noveske 8.2" 300Blk upper. PICS.

Post by hydro556 »

I received this the other day but didnt get pictures. I am still waiting on my SBR stamp so I am keeping this at a buddy's house who has several SBR's. I plan to shoot the upper with him, on one of his lowers soon. I had him bring it over recently so I could get a few pictures of it, before we went to the range to shoot bolt guns.

It is a new 1/7 twist Noveske 8.2" 300Blk with the 7" NSR rail. The upper is typical Noveske, flawless fit and finish and build quality. I am sure it will shoot as well as other Noveske barrels I have owned. Will post a range report as soon as I can, but I have to load a bunch of ammo first so it may be a bit.

I dont know how many of these are out there with the NSR rail, because I have had a hell of a time finding pictures of my exact setup. So here are some pictures.

Forgive my messy work bench. We had been working installing a Geissele trigger into the lower I am awaiting NFA approval on, as well as swapping out a couple AR grips.
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Re: New Noveske 8.2" 300Blk upper. PICS.

Post by trenttyre »

I didnt know that Vltor makes the uppers for Noveske but thats pretty cool that they do. I love Vltor uppers especially the ones with out the forward assist.
hydro556
Silent Operator

Post by hydro556 »

Yes, they make the Forged MUR upper receivers for them, and some others as well I think.

I much prefer having a forward assist, even if rarely used. I have always made sure any upper I buy has them, just insurance I guess. I have never found a downside to having them, so I just err on the side of caution.
trenttyre
Silent But Deadly

Post by trenttyre »

I completely agree I just think it looks good without the forward assist, something different you know.
hydro556
Silent Operator

Post by hydro556 »

trenttyre wrote:I completely agree I just think it looks good without the forward assist, something different you know.
ahh, gotcha.
bayonet14
Silent But Deadly

Post by bayonet14 »

Wow - more I look at that rail - the more I like it...
robrob
Silent But Deadly

Post by robrob »

That is a sexy beast. Nice photography too.
brobin10
Silent Operator

Post by brobin10 »

got the same upper about a month ago...stamp was received during the second week of august :D
tffrost

Post by tffrost »

I'm about to pick up a LoPro rail version of this exact same upper (when I can find one). Was the Breakout SOP or did you have to request that over the standard Blackout FH/mount? These are some damn sexy litle uppers for sure.
Situation Dictates
redfernsoljah
Silent Operator

Post by redfernsoljah »

You wetted my appetite a bit too much. Thank goodness I got the call today saying your upper is in. I got the rail panels just one package and that I think that I am going to need two more packages to gill up the sides.

On a side note:

I will be glad when there is a dedicated NSR offset flashlight mount and dedicated nsr shorty handgrip. Geesh now I gotta drive two hours to pick it up. :)
- Steve

Misspellings and grammatical errors courtesy of my Ipad Mini.