.22 rifle

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Dweezil
Silent Operator

Re: .22 rifle

Post by Dweezil »

Most popular and customizable? Ruger 10/22, hands down. In fact, will probably NEED to be customized to be accurate. Basically, most folks buy it for the receiver and replace everything else. Kind of a money pit. Decent, but not great suppressor host. Fouls rotary magazines in a hurry when used with a suppressor.

Less popular, but better out of the box? Savage FVSR. Relatively light, short LOP, great accuracy, already threaded for suppressor. Original stock isn't great but no worse than the 10/22 and easily replaced. Check Boyds for the Tacticool stock... or DIY with Bondo. Much better/quieter with suppressor.

I sold my heavily customized (expensive) 10/22 after years of fussing with it, bought an FVSR and never looked back.
"I'm from the government...I'm here to help."
CCWeaponry

Post by CCWeaponry »

have you considered building an Ar 15 with a dedicated .22cal upper? as he gets older the weapon can grow with him with adj stock and the round of his choice.
BretJ
Silent Operator

Post by BretJ »

+1 Savage FVSR. A tack driver and will make your son giggle like a little girl suppressed. Even un-suppressed, this rifle and any of the "new" CB style LR loads is crazy quiet. That said, a 10/22 is the Barbie Doll of .22 rifles....
"The opposite of hero is not villain. It is bystander."

"In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty."
Saint Aurelius Augustine

Bret