Sota upper not cycling and ejecting cases

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

sgn1003

Sota upper not cycling and ejecting cases

Post by sgn1003 »

Got a 300 BLK carbine from Sota arms this week. I went to the range and tried my 230gr handloads with 10.5gr of Accurate 1680 (OAL 2.158) and it chrono'd at average of 970fps.
For every shot, there is a failure to eject and it does not cycle. I didn't shoot supersonic rounds because it started raining.

The thing is the lower that I am using, has a rifle recoil buffer and spring. Could this be the cause of it. I am a newbie to this 300 blackout, so I wanted to make sure what's going on.
thanks guys
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sota upper not cycling and ejecting cases

Post by AR-300 »

new upper? run that sucker WET with lube
break it in with some known supersonics
then try the subs again
PSA 10.5" & 16'' FN CHF CL 300 AAC Blackout
marsh-vol
Silent Operator

Post by marsh-vol »

Do you have a collapsible stock or a fixed/solid rifle stock? A rifle/fixed stock buffer is too long for the collapsible stock. The rifle buffer spring is also different from collapsible stock buffer spring.

AR-300's recommendation on lube and supersonics will help pinpoint problems, if any, and speed the break-in process.
sgn1003

Post by sgn1003 »

It's a fixed stock
UtopiaTexas
Silent Operator

Post by UtopiaTexas »

Whenever I get a new BCG I take it apart, oil it up good, re-assemble and then use my fingers to run the bolt in and out a whole bunch of times to wear it in a bit. You can do this while watching tv. :mrgreen: While doing this I also add a few drops of oil into the two tiny holes on the side of the bolt carrier that will lubricate the gas rings. New BCG's with new rings just do not slide in and out of the bolt carrier easily until broken in. You can tell the difference as the parts wear together a bit to where the bolt rotates and slides in and out the bolt carrier easier with finger pressure. I had a new BCG one time that was so tight I could not pull it apart by hand. If you do not want to go to all this trouble manually run a bunch of sonics through the rifle with the BCG oiled up well.
01m6ta

Post by 01m6ta »

were you using a suppressor? i have heard subsonics not cycling when fired without a suppressor. I got my sota upper last week and am going to the range tomorrow morning.
sgn1003

Post by sgn1003 »

No I dont have a can on it.