Lothar Walther 16" Stainless Steel 300 BLACKOUT from spikes

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dillpicklejack

Lothar Walther 16" Stainless Steel 300 BLACKOUT from spikes

Post by dillpicklejack »

i have been on the long hunt for the elusive 300 blk barrel and came across one from spikes tactical. i know it has the 1-8 twist and that there is a lot of unsettled minds when trying to decide between the 1-8 or 1-7 twist rates. but thats simply not what im asking. what i would like to know is the lother walther 300 blackout barrels worth the $325 price tag. if not i will end up with a AAC barrel. to me price does not matter on a barrel, thats is the one thing i will never skimp on. sure as hell wont waste my money on any CMMG parts, i know how much they try and skimp out on quality to maintain a lower price market. sorry cmmg fans... but if you live in missouri and have a gun shop and have to fix the problems with thier products then you would understand where im coming from.

so is the walther barrels worth its weight. or should i go with the AAC.

And has anyone had any dealings with Advanced tactical solutions from florida, have a customer who can not get ahold of them to cancel a order he has had with them for some time. but he can not get ahold of the company by phone (2 phone numbers listed) Email or fax. has the guy killed over or has this guy pulled a fast one.
Jailer
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lothar Walther 16" Stainless Steel 300 BLACKOUT from spi

Post by Jailer »

I have a LW SDM barrel marketed by superior barrels in one of my AR's and it is outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate purchasing another LW barrel.

In fact I may just purchase one from spikes for a future build if they are in stock.

ETA: Not in stock. :cry:
firefuzz
Silent Operator

Post by firefuzz »

I had a 6.5 Grendel with a Lothar Walther barrel. Very accurate and very well finished, very little fouling from the first shot. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. IMHO they are worth more than at least some other barrels.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
AccuracyARs
Silent Operator

Post by AccuracyARs »

The Spikes LW barrels are o.k. - not a high end barrel, not a low end barrel. Chamber on mine appears to have been cut with a reamer that is more toward the + tolerances of the SAAMI reamer.