CMMG 8.5" 300blk

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

lmb7784
Silent Operator

CMMG 8.5" 300blk

Post by lmb7784 »

Anyone using this barrel? I want one with the low profile gas block installed. I plan on running supers suppressed and not suppressed, as well as subs suppressed.
axeeclipse

Re: CMMG 8.5" 300blk

Post by axeeclipse »

I just got mine in today. Looks of great quality! One thing though,when you include the gas block , it is NOT installed. Thats not a big deal to me but just thought i'd note that. I will be shooting subs out of a yhm can as well as supers this weekend.
lmb7784
Silent Operator

Post by lmb7784 »

Well, I've already got a low pro gas block, so if its not installed it's definitely not worth the additional $50. Thanks for the info.
smac61

Post by smac61 »

lmb7784 wrote:Well, I've already got a low pro gas block, so if its not installed it's definitely not worth the additional $50. Thanks for the info.
What good would being installed be?
lmb7784
Silent Operator

Post by lmb7784 »

smac61 wrote:
lmb7784 wrote:Well, I've already got a low pro gas block, so if its not installed it's definitely not worth the additional $50. Thanks for the info.
I should have clarified a bit more, I was hoping that it would be installed and pinned in place. I would also assume that if it were installed by the factory, then the gas port and gas block would be properly aligned.
SpaceWrangler
Silent But Deadly

Post by SpaceWrangler »

My CMMG pistol-gassed barrel came dimpled for proper gas block alignment.
lmb7784
Silent Operator

Post by lmb7784 »

SpaceWrangler wrote:My CMMG pistol-gassed barrel came dimpled for proper gas block alignment.
Spacewrangler, that is great info! This just made up my mind.
smac61

Post by smac61 »

lmb7784 wrote:
smac61 wrote:
I should have clarified a bit more, I was hoping that it would be installed and pinned in place. I would also assume that if it were installed by the factory, then the gas port and gas block would be properly aligned.
Unfortunately you would then have to unpin it and remove the block to put your barrel nut on for installation...

As others have pointed out though, its dimpled so no issues. Does make the $50 a little hard to swallow.
rich neyman

Post by rich neyman »

www.thebuckmasterbook.com
THE AUTHOR
"It's not who's right it's who's left" Mr Ed Parker
axeeclipse

Post by axeeclipse »

As others have noted....yes it is dimpled which I forgot to mention.

Well I just got back from a. weekend filled with shooting my new black out cmmg barrel. Everything ran smoothly! I was using remington umc supers and subs. The only issues I had was a bad primer in one of the supersonic rounds.
I had to punch out the round with a cleaning rod. With using a vortex sparc, I was hitting a 18 x18" plate at 200 yards easily with the subsonic rounds. It was a real kick in pulling the trigger and hearing the gong which seemed like about a second later lol. Overall the barrel is great I love it! Now to reload some subs....