Sierra 125 gr OTM

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

nvshooter
Silent Operator

Sierra 125 gr OTM

Post by nvshooter »

Have a box of these on the way and plan on trying them couldnt find to much in the thread on load data for them. Anyone using them?

Im gonna be trying them with lil gun and h110

I picked up a hodgdons book today and they have the 125gr NOS bt listed would it be safe to start with the low end of this data and work up? Seems like the few posts ive seen of people using them they are loading over the max in the hodgdon book 17.8 for h110 and 18 for lil gun. I think the load i saw on the lil gun thread was at 18.8
I ordered a box of the remington preimere 125 otm with them also to see how the factory load fits in my pmags and what kind of groups they get. Sounds like posts im seeing recomend them at 2.245 oal?

I plan on calling seirra tommrow and see if they have any offical data for these yet. But trying to get an idea of what im gonna start with.
nvshooter
Silent Operator

Re: Sierra 125 gr OTM

Post by nvshooter »

Well I called Sierra today and they had no data to give. Guess I'll just have to tinker around with it. Anybody that has loaded rounds with theses for an ar would love to get some data from ya. I've only been able to find one loads on here so far with load unless I'm missing some. I read through all 14 pages of the load thread last night and was crossed eyed when I was done haha so I could have missed some
BradV
Silent Operator

Post by BradV »

Some 125gr OTM info in this thread here.

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=78419

I had good luck with feeding at 2.23" OAL.
nvshooter
Silent Operator

Post by nvshooter »

Cool thanks for the info i dont know how i missed that thread. To much time staring at this screen ha
nvshooter
Silent Operator

Post by nvshooter »

I orderd a box of the remingotn preimer match 125 otm just to test out the gun and zero in the sights and the box of 20 averaged 2.223.... They go into the pmag but i noticed when i took them out there is a line on the bullet were it was rubbing on the notch in the pmag.. Im guessing they would have to be about 2.210 or so to not rub it, it will be interesting to see how well they feed with it rubbing like that.
BradV
Silent Operator

Post by BradV »

Out of ~80 rounds at 2.23" i had 0 feed issues and I am using Pmags as well.
nvshooter
Silent Operator

Post by nvshooter »

Nice yea just popong them out by hand they seemed to pop to the top real easy they just left theat little line on the bullet, but i doubt it would hurt. Thanks for the info. From everything on her think i got a pretty good starting point for the loads with lil gun and h110. I got all my stuff in yesterday minus the brass I should have the gun up and running with some stuff to test by next weekend I'll post what ever results i get when i get some info out of them.
Sandsunsurf

Post by Sandsunsurf »

Let us know what kind of accuracy you get.. I was pretty disappointed in the accuracy of a few different loads I tried with this bullet. I even have about 150 left that I wasn't motivated to load.
nvshooter
Silent Operator

Post by nvshooter »

Well went out today and tried 4 charges of lil gun and 4 charges of h110 i'll just list the top 3
Im only testing at 50 yards with 3 shot groups right now once i narrow down to top two ill run some 5 shot groups at 100 and 50, My gun is only a 8" barrel so really only planning it to be a 100yd gun.

Through a 8" noveske barrel all loads are using :
1x lake city 09 from all weather arms
CCI 400
1/2 turn crimp on a lee Factory crimp die
col 2.230
col to ogive 1.516
Sierra 125 gr otm

17gr lil gun .287"
17gr H110 .500"
17.5gr H110 .541"

Out of 8 loads 6 were under .755" Seemed like the hotter the load the worse the accuracy was which supprised me being all the laods on here are over 18gr might be the short barrel and good crimp i use I dunno

Gonna go out tommorow and test those 3 loads again 3 times each i'll post the results tommrow with average of 4 runs, i'll get some FPS ES and SD when i get my finale load.
Darkstang
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Darkstang »

19.5 grains of Lilgun with the OTM in a 16" Noveske was my sweet spot load. 2300 fps

Last edited by Darkstang on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broncman
Gearhead and Powder Burner