CMMG upper question

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

mbogo
Silent But Deadly

CMMG upper question

Post by mbogo »

I am interested in the 300 Blackout on the AR-15 platform, for plinking, varmints, and deer/pigs.

I will probably stick with cheap 147gr. FMJ bullets for plinking, 110gr. TTSX, 110gr. V-Max, or 125gr. Nosler BTs for coyotes. The main purpose for this upper will be night-shooting of feral hogs.

First question:

Using 180gr.-200gr. Barnes TSX (or TTSX) bullets, what sort of accuracy can I reasonably expect from the CMMG M4 LE A3 upper at 100yds? Assume proper scope (Zeiss 3x-9x, Swarovski 3x-10x), mounts, and bench and handloading technique. MOA? Less? More?

Second question:

A suppressor would be a future addition - I see by the chart on your site, a carbine gas system provides the best balance of functioning between subsonic and supersonic ammunition. Would an adjustable gas block be a prudent investment for someone who will be switching between sub- and supersonic ammunition (e.g., called predators with supersonic and pig hunting with subsonic)?

Thanks,
mbogo
CoheedKillgannon
Silent But Deadly

Re: CMMG upper question

Post by CoheedKillgannon »

mbogo wrote:
First question:

Using 180gr.-200gr. Barnes TSX (or TTSX) bullets, what sort of accuracy can I reasonably expect from the CMMG M4 LE A3 upper at 100yds? Assume proper scope (Zeiss 3x-9x, Swarovski 3x-10x), mounts, and bench and handloading technique. MOA? Less? More?

This video might be able to answer a part of your first question. The person in it tested his CMMG at 50 and 100 yards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jduKA2gjJ0A&sns=em
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Thanks.

mbogo
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I would suggest you read this thread before your purchase: