No joy Friday

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

drrufo
Silent Operator

No joy Friday

Post by drrufo »

I spent several hours driving all over Southern Cal looking to put an upper and ammo on my credit cards. No luck, I went to two of the best(?) gun stores in SOCAL. They are the best supplied, they carry many different brands.
Ammo Bros in Ontario had some ammo, but it was sold. They called their other store in Cerritos, that store had an upper and ammo, but they sold them quickly.
I next drove to Rifle Gear in Fountain Valley, they had one employee who knew that the round existed. That was it, no joy there either.
I can't be the only one in SOCAL who wants one of these damn guns, Maybe I am and it is a futile quest.
Is there anyone in the industry that can call these stores and clue them in and help them get the rifles, uppers and ammo in stock. They all said they could order one for me , but I want hold the uppers and look at the quality of the build before I buy.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: No joy Friday

Post by 300Blk »

I would not expect a gun store to just have something I wanted.
drrufo
Silent Operator

Re: No joy Friday

Post by drrufo »

R Silvers wrote:I would not expect a gun store to just have something I wanted.

Thats true if the store is small and local , both stores I went to are large with a big internet presence. They advertise and sell on the net . Ammo Bros carries a vast array of uppers and complete rifles.
They have different calibers in stock, I don't think it is out of line to expect them to be aware of the developments in the industry. A smart sales force should inform them that the same brands they have on the wall now have a new caliber that will add sales to the bottom line.
I saw pallet loads of Remington ammo at Ammo Bros and they take a truck load to every gun show, This is not the first time I asked about that caliber and got a response that was underwhelming. I believe in buying local when I can.

I applaud your effort to develop a new caliber for a gun system that is at least 50 years old. The gun store industry should try to stay up on developments like the 300 blk and not continue to sell the same old thing with different bells and whistles on a basic gun. California could be in for a change if the lawsuit to get rid of the "Assault Weapon Ban" law is successful, there have been quite a few sales of off list lowers in the last year or so. I would be happy if we could be a little more gun friendly like some of the Southern states.