Share your 300 Blackout Loads here>

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

tReznr

Re: Share your 300 Blackout Loads here>

Post by tReznr »

txwin70 wrote:http://listmequick.com/300/Sierra300whisper.pdf
This link is dead. I was able to find the .pdf here though.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/38398925/Sier ... ading-Data

If anyone has this .pdf i can download please pm me.
For those that would like a copy of the May 2008 article on the 300 whisper it is available from the NRA's website here as a free PDF download.
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"

-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
slowfire
Senior Silent Operator

Post by slowfire »

Alangaq wrote:I did a bunch of shooting over the weekend trying to work up some decent subsonic loads for my Remington Model 7 with 16” barrel, and had some rather disappointing results. Out of 21 different loads (some so bad I didn’t even list them below), I came away with exactly 1 load that is in the velocity range I want with an acceptable velocity spread.

Having tried several of the loads listed in this thread, I am a little perplexed as to my own velocity readings which are significantly lower for a given powder charge than those listed by some of you.
First post here, but I completely agree. I bought some Unique based on a post here and ladder-stepped from 5.4 to 5.8 gr with the 220 gr SMK and a COL of 2.25". It was a giant fail - speeds ranged from 714 on the low side to 850 fps on the high side and spread for any given load was 100 fps plus. Unique is not a good powder for this bullet weight in my opinion. It may work for those who use dacron or other stuffing to reduce case capacity, but I assume the small charge just doesn't ignite consistently when it can shift around so much.

This is out of a Rem 700 with the AAC 16" barrel on it, by the way.

N110 is my next experiment, but the closest source is over an hour away so the trip is planned for next week.
loki*hunter
Senior Silent Operator

Post by loki*hunter »

analogphotographer wrote:After looking at the load data sent to me I am leaning towards a1680 and re7 for 150 and 180g projectiles. Question is out of a 9 inch barrel will those loads generating 1350 to 1650 fps be enough to cycle my gun if subs will not cycle it. I want to load somwere in the middle since I wont be hunting and I do not have a 308 can yet. Also in the above loads it says similar profile and while searching bullets I noticed some have boattails and some do not. Will that make a difference in a load. Sorry I am new to reloading so I really don't know how close to " similar profile" I need to be.

Hello,

I have a boat load of Hornady 150 FMJ-BT bullets and 16lbs of A1680..... I have an 8" Noveske and a 16" CMMG... any data you have to push these bullets with this powder would be greatly appreciated. For what it is worth, I have a couple of pounds of H110 as well. I am only looking for a 200+ yard load.... I have 110s for the longer stuff and 220s for the subsonic stuff.....

Thanks
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

You can use the 1680 or H110 for the 150s. I assume you mean supersonic. I don't know how much powder to use. If I were loading it, I would see what QuickLoad thinks, and go from there.
TNinfidel
Senior Silent Operator

Post by TNinfidel »

Here's my data to share-

130gr Barnes TTSX ---- 18.5 grains H110 ---- 2063 fps

130gr Barnes TTSX ---- 19.0 grains H110 ---- 2123 fps

Lake City 07 brass/CCI no.41 primer

9" Delta Company Arms barrel with 1:8 twist

Primers were flattened the same as the 20 grain charged loads. No other signs of being over pressure. I will also post this over on the "Share Your Loads" thread.

Also, I get 1006 fps for my 220gr MK loads charged to 11.2 grains of Accurate 1680. Same brass and primer as above. All unsuppressed.

220 Sierra HPBT ---- 11.2 grains Accurate 1680 ---- 1006 fps
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-George Mason
Jburcaw

Post by Jburcaw »

What kind of groups are you shooting with your 130 super loads and your 220 sub loads?
stmcelroy
Silent Operator

Post by stmcelroy »

Any load suggestions for 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tip and 110gr Barnes TTSX using CCI No. 41 & Hogdon H110?
TNinfidel
Senior Silent Operator

Post by TNinfidel »

Jburcaw wrote:What kind of groups are you shooting with your 130 super loads and your 220 sub loads?
I wasn't shooting groups this time. I was testing out charges to see if I was where I wanted to be with the velocities. I might raise the charge a little for the 220 MK. I'm still not quite sure what I want to do for the 130 TTSX. I like the velocity for the 19 grain charge but I do want to see what kind of accuracy I get.
"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-George Mason
Jburcaw

Post by Jburcaw »

What should I expect as far as accuracy goes? I can do my part, so I am just trying to get an idea of what others are getting out of this caliber. What would be an average group with a supersonic group (what load), and what would be average for subsonic groups (what load). I am shooting a Wilson Combat 16" heavy barrel.
slowfire
Senior Silent Operator

Post by slowfire »

Jburcaw wrote:What should I expect as far as accuracy goes? I can do my part, so I am just trying to get an idea of what others are getting out of this caliber. What would be an average group with a supersonic group (what load), and what would be average for subsonic groups (what load). I am shooting a Wilson Combat 16" heavy barrel.
I shot one 5-shot group for size out of my 16" Rem 700 at 100 yds with the Hornady 110 gr whisper supersonic commerical load. I got about 1.5" extreme spread and 1.2" center to center. The 5th shot was a called flyer, and if you throw that shot out the group, the 4-shot group shrank to about .75" c2c. This was the first official group I shot out of this gun, and it was shot off a bipod and no rear rest (well, a wadded up bath towel, so some type of rear rest I guess). Considering the huge jump of the factory 110 gr load, I should be able to improve those groups with some handloads from, say, the 125 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip.

You'll probably never win a short range benchrest match with the 300 BLK, but it's not like MOA at 100 yds will be out of the question. Plenty accurate for deer or hogs out to 150yds+ with the right load and dope.