Any experience with the Wilson 11.3" barrel?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

hugegator
Silent Operator

Any experience with the Wilson 11.3" barrel?

Post by hugegator »

Does anyone have any experience with the Wilson 11.3" barrel? What type of gas block to use, any feedback on performance, whether it can shoot subsonic and supersonic with no problems??? Any help is appreciated, I love my 16" Noveske, but just don't want to spend the $$$$ on another barrel for a 50 yard gun.

I would prefer to buy a barrel from Delta but am in one of those gotta have it NOW frames of mind.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Any experience with the Wilson 11.3" barrel?

Post by 300Blk »

It is 1:8 twist and has pistol length gas, so you can shoot subsonic and supersonic.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

I just ordered one so we'll see how it works. With the longer barrel at least my OAL should be at 26" which lets me use a vert. grip. No SBR's in WA state, yet.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

hugegator wrote:I just ordered one so we'll see how it works. With the longer barrel at least my OAL should be at 26" which lets me use a vert. grip. No SBR's in WA state, yet.
I'm confused, you ask about the 11.3 barrel, but then say you don't want it to be an SBR? What setup are you planning to build? Just wondering.
Kick Ass Design
kdcgrohl

Post by kdcgrohl »

JasonAAC wrote:
hugegator wrote:I just ordered one so we'll see how it works. With the longer barrel at least my OAL should be at 26" which lets me use a vert. grip. No SBR's in WA state, yet.
I'm confused, you ask about the 11.3 barrel, but then say you don't want it to be an SBR? What setup are you planning to build? Just wondering.
Talking about the vert grip and OAL, I would guess we're talking about a pistol.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

pistol build until I can make it otherwise
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

hugegator wrote:pistol build until I can make it otherwise
Ahh, I got you.

Then go for it.
Kick Ass Design
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

I was posting on the fly earlier. WA state is a no SBR place, so many of us have pistols or the "other" category of weapon that is 26" or longer which can have a vert grip, are not classified as a pistol and are not short enough to be AOW's. I might run it as a pistol using an AFG instead as then I can have it in a vehicle with me loaded since I have a CWP.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Why have any grip? Grips are getto.
hugegator
Silent Operator

Post by hugegator »

Grips go with the UTG rail I was planning on putting on it :shock:

Seriously, I am quite fond of AFG's and will probably go that route since I have a spare one. I have a Specter length quad rail on order for it as well as everything other than an optic. It will end up a lot like the 5.56 pistol I have with my 300 in this pic:

Here it is so far: