Remington 7/700 Barrels

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

horstie

Remington 7/700 Barrels

Post by horstie »

I'm looking for a AAC remington 300 BLK Barrel........ Midway doesn't have any( I ordered one ...they sent one for a AR )
AAC's website shows out of stock

Are there any other retailers that might have one??

thanks
Horst
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Remington 7/700 Barrels

Post by chrismartin »

Midway has the AAC medium contour in stock:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=175604

Light contour is backordered:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=968098

I have the AAC light contour and it's a nice barrel. The Nitride coating is awesome and it's very easy to install.
Just adjust the thickness of the recoil lug. No need to finish chamber. Just use go/no-go gauges to check the headspace and adjust the headspace with the recoil lug thickness.
oldcoot

Post by oldcoot »

Tag for reference
Arma tuentur pacem
robpiat
Silent Operator

Post by robpiat »

You are paying nearly the price for a high end custom barrel, why not go that route? The remington barrels are no higher quality than the barrels they typically put on factory rifles.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

robpiat wrote:You are paying nearly the price for a high end custom barrel, why not go that route? The remington barrels are no higher quality than the barrels they typically put on factory rifles.
The AAC barrels are different than factory Remington barrels.
robpiat
Silent Operator

Post by robpiat »

There is some circumstantial talk that they might be better or made differently than factory barrels in this thread, but they are the same price as a pac-nor.

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewt ... 3&start=25
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

The AAC barrels have nothing to do with Remington or 700 stock barrels.

We have them custom made and finished according to our developed specs- materials, rifling, finish, threads, etc.

They are very nice.
Kick Ass Design
horstie

Post by horstie »

robpiat wrote:You are paying nearly the price for a high end custom barrel, why not go that route? The Remington barrels are no higher quality than the barrels they typically put on factory rifles.
that may be true......but using a AAC barrel I can do the work myself :D without having to use a lathe, or having to wait on a barrel and a gunsmith to do the work for me

After a little mix-up, Midway finally sent the correct medium contour barrel. It went on a Model 7 action with out any problems.. the headspace is perfect.
I had to do a little inletting work to fit the barrel into the wood stock but that didn't take long, I fired two rounds thru it to check for function and feeding and extraction ......everything looks good there as well. now to figure out which optics to use. I'll post pics soon. thanks for the replies and suggestions :)
jdberry

Post by jdberry »

McGowen barrels. pre fit, pre chambered, pre threaded, I've ordered 2 of them. Both shoot lights out. Had mine finished at .800 ot the muzzle, 16 inch, for $240. Shot a .060 with the first one. the very first group out of the second one went in the twos.