Going bravely forth.....300BLK AK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Kublah
Silent But Deadly

Re: Going bravely forth.....300BLK AK

Post by Kublah »

Any chance you would make a parts list of what you are using Robert?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I think you should just all wait to see if it works first.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

If it doesnt work, it probably wasnt done right. I Know its possible, but I dont know how much tinkering it takes to accomplish it. I'm building a Sig 552 in 300 BLK.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

On an AR, the gas port size is limited to about 0.120 to 0.125, due to the gas tube being the limiting factor.

What is the gas port limit on an AK?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I would like to see someone make an AUG barrel.
jaredr
Silent Operator

Post by jaredr »

82nd airborne wrote:If it doesnt work, it probably wasnt done right. I Know its possible, but I dont know how much tinkering it takes to accomplish it. I'm building a Sig 552 in 300 BLK.
keen to see how this turns out, pls let us know. Was thinking that a 556 in 300 blackout might be an interesting combo - you could run an 8" barrel and the sidefolder would keep overall length enough that you could stowe it (suppressor attached) in a large rucksack. ak-type gas system might not suppress as well as DI, but maybe no free lunch if you want a side-folder stock. granted, this would not be a 552 but without an LE letter that would be an expensive firearm for most of us to procure.

can you advise where you're getting your barrel from, or are you fabricating your own?
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Im making the barrel myself. However, there is this free lunch you speak of. Im also turning a para ord. Side folding DI AR-15 into a BLK.... Folds down nice and compact, and it has the advantage of di quietness.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Smilodon

Post by Smilodon »

Glad to see I've strirred some interest in this project......I think mine just got easier!LOL! 8)
The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.' That is President Obama." --radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh
saltydecimator

Post by saltydecimator »

i like it!!! i just dont get people who ask Y?... i mean i am curisous by nature, but you answered the y when you explained you werent an ak guy.

maybe i will have to attend the silencer shoot afterall!!! is it aac only, or will gemtech or other companies be there?

a guy at one of the local ranges is doing a 9x39 build, but its only gonna use 115 bullets and a different case i think. i forget the detials

buuuuuuuuuum........... buuuuuuuum................. ba baummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

(^ha ha thats the shuttle launching tune)
its quiet time!
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

saltydecimator wrote:maybe i will have to attend the silencer shoot afterall!!! is it aac only, or will gemtech or other companies be there?
You should come!

AAC, Surefire, Liberty, Silencerco, Innovative Arms, Knight's Armament, Delta Company Arms, etc.
Nevermind the dealers like Major malfunction and Allen Arms, they'll have lots of various toys!

Plus live music, multiple ranges, shoot houses, pistol and rimfire-only range, etc. Raffles, auctions, etc.

www.silencershoot.com
Kick Ass Design