FYI Possum Hollow makes a trimmer for 300 BLK

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Re: FYI Possum Hollow makes a trimmer for 300 BLK

Post by Overton-AR »

TonyT wrote:All you need is a CH tool and die dillon trim die and dillon trimmer. Formed, sized and trimmed in one operation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2SGUWtGwBk
I have about 1500 brass that I bought from Brad's Warehouse. I already have a Dillon RT-1200 so this looks like a good option to me
for keeping them at the correct OAL. That and making more in the future.... :wink:
hugegator
Silent Operator

Re: FYI Possum Hollow makes a trimmer for 300 BLK

Post by hugegator »

jasonusvi wrote:Are you guys saying this brass never needs to be trimmed? That would be cool but I suspect that people who are interested in brass also load... and that they will eventually need to trim their brass. PH is the best combination of value and efficiency I have found for the trim process (If your not going to invest in higher price point giraud or dillon equipment).
This is really why I want the trimmer. I run one for 308 and .223 and swear by them. I did 5000 308 with my Possum hollow last year and it was a huge time saver. I just have a very difficult time justifying a Giraud or a Dillon when a $30 Possum Hollow will do the job just as well.

BTW, I have 1100 cases coming from Brad today. I had a pile of brass and it was cheaper to have him convert it for me. He does a fantastic job with it and is great to work with. For those of us who shoot a lot out of our 5.56 AR's this is a great way to go. Now that loaded 5.56 has come down in price, I find the brass is more valuable to me to convert to 300 rather than reload it as it's not a cost effective thing once you factor in time and components.