Ammo?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jakjakman

Ammo?

Post by jakjakman »

I have to say, this 300 AAC Blackout is cool a hell. I was thinking about a Noveske switchblock 10.5" and an M4-2000, but this may have just changed my mind.

The make-or-break on the deal will probably be ammo. Please talk to me about price and availability. Is it going to be like 6.8SPC where it'll cost about a buck a round to shoot? Is it going to be super hard to find ammo in stock?
John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains—and he withdrew his fire—until the day when men withdraw their vultures. --Atlas Shrugged.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Ammo?

Post by 300Blk »

60K rounds have already been made. 100K more in October. We should have 500,000 rounds of ammo having been made by / during 2011. We are trying to keep ammo prices low with the hope of volume sales but a few more people have to weigh in before I can print ammo prices.
jakjakman

Post by jakjakman »

silencertalk wrote:60K rounds have already been made. 100K more in October. We should have 500,000 rounds of ammo having been made by / during 2011. We are trying to keep ammo prices low with the hope of volume sales but a few more people have to weigh in before I can print ammo prices.

Great, thanks for the info. I'll be keeping up with this; so far I'm pretty intrigued.
John Galt is Prometheus who changed his mind. After centuries of being torn by vultures in payment for having brought to men the fire of the gods, he broke his chains—and he withdrew his fire—until the day when men withdraw their vultures. --Atlas Shrugged.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

This is not a niche thing for SBR+suppressor only - though it happens to be great for that.

You want to hunt with 30 cal in an AR with a 16-20 inch barrel and use a standard bolt face and standard mags? There is an app for that. Think AK ballistics but no cracked bolt or Frankenmag feeding problems.
aml
Elite Member

Post by aml »

Robert,

Any plans for production Rem 700 barrels in this caliber? If so, which twist rates will be available? I would imagine there would be a faster twist rate offering for the 220 gr OTM round, based upon previous threads discussing the stabilization of heavy .30 bullets (I'm hoping, anyway).
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Yes, we have Rem 700 barrels. Please don't try to order them until we start selling them. They are 1:8 twist.
Libertarian_Geek

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

jakjakman wrote:
silencertalk wrote:60K rounds have already been made. 100K more in October. We should have 500,000 rounds of ammo having been made by / during 2011. We are trying to keep ammo prices low with the hope of volume sales but a few more people have to weigh in before I can print ammo prices.

Great, thanks for the info. I'll be keeping up with this; so far I'm pretty intrigued.
^This.

Depending on ammo prices, and (related) reloading logistics... this could easily replace my want for 6.5, 6.8 or 300 Whisper, and finally justify an SBR (rifle caliber) AR for me. I'll be watching this one closely.
Brawndo brand rifles. They've got what bullets crave! Electrolytes!
aml
Elite Member

Post by aml »

silencertalk wrote:Yes, we have Rem 700 barrels. Please don't try to order them until we start selling them. They are 1:8 twist.
Oh i'm not in any hurry to order. I can wait patiently until the time is right. I am presuming they will be threaded????

ETA: And what length? Im presuming 16?
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

when is brass going to be available?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Brass in 2012. Just ammo for now.