300 AAC BLACKOUT Picture Thread

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Stickman
Silent But Deadly

300 AAC BLACKOUT Picture Thread

Post by Stickman »

While working on the writeup of the new 300 AAC BLACKOUT , I had a chance to shoot some pictures as well as work with the weapon. I figure the other thread is a good place to discuss the weapon, ammunition, and silencer, so we can dedicate this to seeing or posting pictures as this becomes more popular.

Last edited by Stickman on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Re: A few pictures of the 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Feeds out of standard mags? with standard M4 components? with just a barrel swap? Sounds interesting. Will Remington/AAC be selling barrels? I kinda like that little 9" PDW.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

JohnnyC wrote:Feeds out of standard mags? with standard M4 components? with just a barrel swap? Sounds interesting. Will Remington/AAC be selling barrels? I kinda like that little 9" PDW.
Yes. Yes. Yes. and yes. :D
Kick Ass Design
the_accuser

Post by the_accuser »

Congrats...looks really promising. Any chance will will see complete rifles for sale?

Jason
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

300 Whisper?
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Twinsen wrote:300 Whisper?
Robert's explanation of the difference from another site:

300 Whisper(R) can do the same thing. The problem is that I would say most load data for 300 Whisper is not very compatible with the AR15 for various reasons:

1. OAL too long.
2. Bullet won't feed well in an AR.
3. Powders inappropriate for the AR gas system.

So much 300 Whisper load data is for Thompson Center and bolt guns only.

So it was better to start fresh. While I cannot say it is compatible because we are not sure of all of the wildcat chambers and random old loads out there, it was not designed to be incompatible either.

Remington 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammo is specifically designed to be a reliable system for the AR platform. It was submitted to SAAMI and other ammo companies will be able to make ammo also, royalty-free. Likewise, many gun companies will be announcing 300 AAC BLACKOUT guns between now and the Shot Show.

Reloading dies are available from Forster.
Kick Ass Design
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

JasonAAC wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:Feeds out of standard mags? with standard M4 components? with just a barrel swap? Sounds interesting. Will Remington/AAC be selling barrels? I kinda like that little 9" PDW.
I think I'm in love!

........not with you Jason, that's creepy.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

JohnnyC wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:
I think I'm in love!

........not with you Jason, that's creepy.
Understood Johnny.

It's a very cool system. You can go to www.300aacblackout.com, scroll down and download the PDF about the upper/silencer. It lists the part number for the complete barrel (gas block, gas tube, thread protector), so you can just drop that into a build if you prefer.
Kick Ass Design
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick