Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bumpfire

Post by Bumpfire »

I have been looking at the 300 for many years when I was in Arizona but long range is not it’s good suit:-(
I came back to Georgia five years ago and long range is not available so I bought two Ruger AR pistol and a rifle before the election :-)
I want to reload which I have done 40 sw and rifle three gun but I can’t find primers or powder:-(
My age,77, is keeping me home :-(
oldhunter1954

Re: New member

Post by oldhunter1954 »

Welcome to the group. I am on the East Coast of Florida. I have an AR 15 pistol in 300 Blackout. As far as reloading goes I think primers will be the problem. I only found them at one of the gun shows from a private vendor. I paid twice the going rate for them as well.
ReadyAimDuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by ReadyAimDuck »

Are you legally capable of buying them online in your state? I have been buying them online and coughing up the extra dough for the hazmat fee. Not gonna be as cheap as getting them in person, but the only way I can find them right now. Most places are sold out online too nowadays, but if you keep searching and searching, every now and again you come across them. I also sometimes call a store and ask them if they can put my order in with their next order. I just waiting two months for a few thousand primers and 5 pounds of powder, but its here! that should hold me over for a while.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

primers are going to be tough at best

powder can be had, but availibitly is spotty - and you have to be ready to click "buy now" when you find it...

hodgdon is selling direct these days, so that might help you a bit on that part of things

https://shop.hodgdon.com/hodgdon

hth
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
oldhunter1954

Post by oldhunter1954 »

Not sure where you are. I live about 45 minutes from A Bass Pro store. When primers and powder are available I order online and have items shipped to the store. No hazmat fee to pay that way. Good luck in your search. Hopefully 2021 will be better for manufacturing reloading supplies.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

Welcome to the forum!
Mas Casa

Post by Mas Casa »

Welcome to the forum.