Lockdown loading

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

Roachclass

Lockdown loading

Post by Roachclass »

Anybody else playing around with some different loadings instead of being bored? Any caliber. At least the rifle range is still open. We just keep a bench between us. Not like a lot of people are showing up anyway. 2 at most
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Re: Lockdown loading

Post by blaster »

I have been doing a lot of reloading too. all my ammo storage cans full. time to shoot up the old and make room for the new ammo. :mrgreen: my shooting range is not public so I can shoot all I want. at home I shoot subsonic into a dirt pile 25 yds. away. I just wish I could get up to my hog camp but am leery of the 6 hour drive.
peace through superior firepower
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

I'm a member of a private outdoor range south of Houston. We have individual pistol bays with concrete dividers. The 25/50 yard range has benches about twelve feet apart. At the hundred yard range benches I'd guess are eight feet apart, but even on weekends it's very rare that all are taken. The 300 yard range is prone, and it's rare that there is more than one person shooting. All ranges are oriented north/south, and wind here is almost never due east or west. I feel pretty safe shooting 15 feet to a few hundred yards from the nearest person, with the wind in my face or at my back. We stopped all matches and bringing guests a few weeks ago, which seemed reasonable.

About ten days ago the %$#%# board of directors completely closed the range. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by bangbangping on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

I have only been doing some 300blk supersonic loads and working on some 140gr tracer subsonic loads.

Thankfully my range is right behind the house.

I did have a strange thing.

11.5gr 1680 with a 2.130 COL is 1000fps in my ST300P Mk with a 10 inch barrel, but goes supersonic in my 8.5 inch barreled AR15.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
icecoast

Post by icecoast »

Not reloading but I did some organizing and found a bunch of cci 450s and BR4s I didn't know I had.
Roachclass

Post by Roachclass »

My range is private outdoor also, but 95% who use it shoot skeet. There's only about 5 people who shoot rifles regularly or seriously. Me and my Dad go together and usually have it to ourselves.

icecoast wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:54 pm Not reloading but I did some organizing and found a bunch of cci 450s and BR4s I didn't know I had.
Score. Man I need to clean up and organize too, might have some treasures hidden in there.
Blowout
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blowout »

All the ranges are closed here.

We were going to shoot on BLM land yesterday but changed our minds when I only got voicemail at the ranger station when I called Friday to see how they were enforcing the state wide shelter in place. It takes almost 2hrs to get there and didn't want to risk a citation and a 4hr round trip for nothing.

My wife read that someone was given a citation for surfing the day before. BLK? They afraid a fish will get the CCP virus?

I did get my Hornady Case Prep Center back from Hornady Friday. I bought it used for only $70 but the spindle didn't line up correctly. I told Hornady I bought it used and it wasn't aligning properly. They told me if I sent it in they would let me know whats wrong. They fixed it with no questions asked Free. Even paid the return shipping. They definitely replaced parts and added an o-ring to the shell holder it didn't have when it was sent in.

My thumbs up to Hornady :mrgreen:
300Blk 8.0" pistol with 80% lower
Br549

Post by Br549 »

I have been loading 300 blk supers, and 9mm so far. Going to be starting on 223 on Monday.

I did get my Hornady Case Prep Center back from Hornady Friday. I bought it used for only $70 but the spindle didn't line up correctly. I told Hornady I bought it used and it wasn't aligning properly. They told me if I sent it in they would let me know whats wrong. They fixed it with no questions asked Free. Even paid the return shipping. They definitely replaced parts and added an o-ring to the shell holder it didn't have when it was sent in.

My thumbs up to Hornady

I have also had several good experiences with Hornady. I have had issures with My Progressive press and they have been very helpful with replacement parts even when its my fault it failed.
dieselherb

Post by dieselherb »

What are the 300blkout supers size you're loading? And are they cast?
Br549

Post by Br549 »

I'm new to the 300 blk reloading. I assume that super means super sonic loads.

Loaded 100 Hornady 110 gr Vmax CFE Blk powder.

Bullet Weight110 GR. HDY V-MAX
Manufacturer Hodgdon
Powder CFE BLK
Bullet Diam. .308"
C.O.L. 2.050"
Starting Loads. 22.5C Grs
Vel. 2,168 (ft/s)
Pressure 28,500 PSI
Maximum Loads 23.7C Grs.
Vel. 2,303 (ft/s)
Pressure 35,900 PSI

Midway has some Hornady bullets in stock this morning so I have 200 bullets due on my door next week sometime. I have been on the look out for Speer TNT 110gr bullets to try.