VV310 load

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

sniperd46

VV310 load

Post by sniperd46 »

Hello everybody,
has anyone tried the VV310 in the 300blk?
I have some of this powder and I wanted to try 190/200/220/240 bullets.

Thankss
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Re: VV310 load

Post by ozleux »

I used it with some lighter bullets (150 gr. and under) with mixed results. Most likely too fast burning for what you want to use it for.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

Uh...no. Very fast powder like N310 is not really suitable for experiments in BLK loads. I'm sure it could go bang, but why play with it when more suitable powders have an abundance of data here and elsewhere. Save it for the pistol loads in .45 ACP for example.
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

I’ve got some but never tried it in blackout.

I do like Solo1000 which is very bulky for good case fill and has a similar fast burn rate and use it with 220 grain round nose hunting bullets in my Model 7. Very quietly I might add. This power will not cycle an AR.

I would be very careful with V310 powder in a blackout sized case. V310 is very dense and it would be easy to to double charge.

I’m going on an educated guess that V310 would not cycle an AR, but can’t bet a paycheck on that since I’ve never tried it in an AR. Since you did not mention what type of rifle you were using so I assume you were speaking of a single shot variety?

Good luck
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
sniperd46

Post by sniperd46 »

Hi,

I load for single-shot bolt action, Ruger Ranch.

Thanks
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Post by wildfowler »

I’m in the process of moving and can’t look this up anytime soon but I think seven grains of solo 1000 in my rifle will get me somewhere between 950 And 1000 ft./s

You’ll have to search around but I bet you can find someone who has experimented with that load and didn’t blow themselves up to establish a good starting point and it’s generally accepted that for developing a subsonic load you start high and work your way down so you don’t wind up with too light of a powder charge causing the bullet to remain stuck in the barrel.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George