Ammo shortage, part deux

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ammo shortage, part deux

Post by rebel »

dellet wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm
rebel wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:45 pm Yes, it's f3%&king nuts. 9mm gone, limited now to two boxes 5.56 per person and that rate it will gone by Saturday. Have more ammo ordered and then I am screwed for a bit as distributors are out.

BTW -Not even during Obama did I see ammo leave distributors inventory that fast.
To be fair, you did not own the shop when the run on distributors happened at the end of 2012. The supply problems were still in effect tho when you started and there were a couple small runs.

This is possibly the start of the zombie apocalypse tho since all the zombies are out buying.
Nope but was still suffering from the effects when I got in. 22 rimfire shortage was one challenge, other ammo came and went. You have to be vigilant in shopping the distributors. Hopefully this will pass quickly since Wally ain't eating all the ammo up, Dick's neither.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

"Buy it cheap and stack it deep!"
Always a sound strategy...

My ammo closet is likely worth more than my gun collection.
With the exception of my newest 6.5 Grendel project, I have a RED LINE of 1K rounds that I won't dip into.
As of right now, I'm good to continue shooting as normal.
I do need to do a batch of MATCH 308 WIN, but I was just starting to transition to the TMK.

Stay safe and stay strong everyone...
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I'm fat on firearms, powder and primers so the panic but is not affecting me except to produce another price increase that will never come down.
To all of the gun grabbing Liberals who are suddenly buying guns and ammo and worrying about self protection...
Maybe you should just sit at home or in a public place, unprotected and wait to become a victim, you know, the way you have wanted us to do for decades.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

rebel wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:45 pm Yes, it's f3%&king nuts. 9mm gone, limited now to two boxes 5.56 per person and that rate it will gone by Saturday. Have more ammo ordered and then I am screwed for a bit as distributors are out.

BTW -Not even during Obama did I see ammo leave distributors inventory that fast.
i think it was the NSSF who said that the 4473 numbers being processed are off the charts. this is going to be probably the LARGEST single month of gun sales ever.

friend works for the local Family Farm and home, she said they did over $20k in gun sales the first day the panci buy started.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.