Maxim PDX coming in 300BLK

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Bravo_Bravo
Silent Operator

Maxim PDX coming in 300BLK

Post by Bravo_Bravo »

Maxim Defense PDX coming soon in 300 Blk. Already available in 5.56 and 7.62x39.

Appears to be well made but a 5.5" barrel seems silly in 5.56. I'm not familiar with x39 ballistics at short barrel lengths but we all know that even 300 Blk is giving up quite a bit of velocity at that length. I have made myself content with my 10.5" 300BLK build after hearing the noise and reliability issues folks have with <8" barrels. Still this thing piques my interest. I don't have anything in x39, but wouldn't want to add another caliber to reload. Particularly since x39 brass is not cheap or readily available. So I guess if I got one it would have to run on cheap steel case supers. That thought itself seems like sacralage on a quality setup begging for a can. I'll probably pass but it seems neat.

Available as a pistol, SBR, kit for your lower or upper only.

https://www.maximdefense.com/product/pr ... k-pdx-kit/
truth4life

Re: Maxim PDX coming in 300BLK

Post by truth4life »

Yes, 5.5" is silly for 5.56, but similar to a Honey Badger, which is what the PDX FDE version kind of looks like. I used to be obsessed with the Honey Badger until I saw someone take 5 minutes trying to put the buffer spring back in. I'm good on that. The Maxim looks better IMO given the simplicity.
offsidewing
Senior Silent Operator

Post by offsidewing »

Five minutes? Was he blindfolded? It takes less than 30 seconds to do on a Q honey badger. Less if you have a vice block.

The weight, the gas system, the barrel, and how unbelievably smooth that recoil spring shoots really make the HB shine. Zero regrets with mine.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

I was interested until I read this on their website...

“Any aftermarket (Non-Maxim parts and components) modifications that alter the original manufacturer configuration of the product (Firearm, Upper or Accessories) void the manufacturer warranty. This includes removing and replacing the HATEBRAKE with a Suppressor.
Maxim Defense does not warrant, assume any liability or responsibility for damages incurred, or injury resulting from, firing a Maxim Defense firearm with a suppressor.“