Barnes Black Tipped TAC-TX available at MIdway

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

alaikiek

Barnes Black Tipped TAC-TX available at MIdway

Post by alaikiek »

Just thought I would post this for everyone.

I've been waiting for almost a year for the Barnes Black TAC-TX 110 grain bullets to come available at Midway. I've had them on back order and usually get an email from Midway when its available. Was doing some shopping for supplies today and noticed that both the 110 & 120 grain TAC-TX are available.

Not sure why I didn't get an email from them that they are available, but I order me several boxes to last me a couple years and wanted to pass the info on before they disappear again.

Peace,
Ala
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barnes Black Tipped TAC-TX available at MIdway

Post by rlandry6 »

I'm interested in other bullets that you guys have had success with. I'm looking for a cheaper bullet for plinking but still want decent accuracy. The Barnes are pretty high $$$ compared to others.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
alaikiek

Post by alaikiek »

Yes the TAC-TX is a premium hunting/defense bullet that some even say the 300BLK was optimized with/for. Regardless of history it is a very accurate and lethal round out to 200 yards or so, however it is very pricey and for a reserved use only. And given the fact it has been near impossible to find the TAC/TX loaded ammo, this is about the best way to get it. Several recipes online get you up to near factory loads and very accurate +- MOA 25-150 yards with no holdover from my 16"AR.

I did find some Hornady 110 Zmax bulk on sale at Midway that I picked up for target. I saw they have factory second Amax 110 bullets there right now for about the same as I paid. I also picked up a hornady 150 grain bulk pack too from Midway.

The price gets "reasonable" when you start buying the 500/1000 bulk packs, but anyways you go this is an expensive round to shoot, but ohhhh so fun to shoot.

Ala
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

I have a ad posted in the classifieds for the 110 Barnes Black Tipped TAC-TX cheaper then even Midway......

viewtopic.php?f=179&t=107816

I have found that the cheapest/quickest way to ship is USPS 2 day priority...which runs from $7.90 per box (without the box) to $8.50 a box (with the box). Of course it gets cheaper as you ship more boxes together. I had listed a deal on 10 boxes for $275 plus shipping and if anyone is wanting 10, I will split the shipping which would total $282 shipped for the sleeve of 10 boxes.

If you want a less expensive bullet that performs well at BO speeds, look at the 125gn Speer TnT. Its easy to load for accuracy and performance and it works!